Amplitube 4.9....when will we get 5!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amplitube 4.9 Max user here....we really need an update along the lines of Sampletank…
The sound (especially on the newer models like Mesa and Fender) is up there with the best (I also have HELIX Native and Scuffam) but the GUI is sooooo dated I cant believe its not been revisited yet...
  • Scalable HiDPI Interface
  • Ability to hide stuff you don't own!!!! (I have MAX and half the stuff is still only available if you buy it, incredibly frustrating, I want a VST, not a shop!)
  • Much better preset browser, favouriting system etc.
Anyone heard anything? Nothing on the IK Forums but this stuff seems so obviously needed….Amplitube used to be one of the main/premium products in the IK portfolio.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Careful what you wish for. It's IK. Taking the cue from ST4, there might be a larger interface but the preset selection is simply different...and not in a good way (finding old ST2/ST3 is now way more difficult and it's not that much easier for the ST4 instruments as you have to keep fiddling with the filter buttons). Plus, knowing IK it would wind up looking even more like a shop.

I don't wanna hear about new version, unless they launch V5 with David Gilmour Collection as a special.

IK charge big for upgrades, so I'm not paying just for some re-skin job and a new preset browser. It needs to be lot more exciting than that.

Scalable HD GUI must come with V5, it's a given.

I am assuming when they go '5' there will be a new 'MAX' version that actually incudes all of the stuff- the current MAX doesn't have anything after 2016...so basically its not 'MAX', its about 50% of what's available...

I hate the shop paradigm, but at least with ST you can 'hide' stuff you don't own, I can live with that.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If I remember correctly, we ended up getting things like Amplitube 3.9....then 3.10, 3.11.

I could be thinking of something else, though.

I am definitely all for having the browser hide patches with gear that you haven't purchased. There's always going to be components I think should be added. Maybe I might prefer a rack view too.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

They are there becuase of one reason:they want all users to buy the stuff they don't have yet. IK is not alone of doing that. Just go in to your plugin map and manually delete all dll files you don't need.

BiasFX at least moves presets using locked components to separate folders. I think that would sufficient. Scrolling through presets to find everything is unusable only annoys users.

Let's hope that 5 won't be a shop with a plugin attached to it. It'll probably be though...
Worst plugin business model and implementation. Reminds me of greedy F2P games.

You can choose to not show the message when you see the popup indicating you don't own some of the gear from a particular preset. If you choose to hide the alert, you won't see it again.

You folks talk about new UI and stuff like that (granted, some amp knobs really are small!)...

...and all I want is actually level matched amps. Meaning... amps you can switch out and where you don't have to go drastic measures to get the same input gain and therefore "crunch tone" for whatever amp you select (example: Slash's Amp Suite needs a very, very high input gain, while the Fender Suite actually needs a pulled down input gain).

Literally every other popular amp suite does this (Line6, NI, Scuffham, TSE, Mercuriall), but not IKM AT4.x

But I guess... priorities. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm You can choose to not show the message when you see the popup indicating you don't own some of the gear from a particular preset. If you choose to hide the alert, you won't see it again.
In T-Racks for example, lets say that I own 5 modules, would it be so hard to put an option to show ONLY the modules that I own and not everything? Why do all of your apps have to be such a PITA, and enforsing ?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 pm You can choose to not show the message when you see the popup indicating you don't own some of the gear from a particular preset. If you choose to hide the alert, you won't see it again.
It's the preset we don't want to see - not seeing the alert would make a bad job worse.

Right, and then what happens? It seems to load the preset normally, except you don't realize that it just doesn't load the things you don't have. So it loads a default legacy amp and no effects that you don't own. It will be nothing like the preset is supposed to be and you have all these cluttering the presets you can actually use.

This would be laughably ridiculous if it wasn't so frustrating. Not having the warning is even worse than having it. At least with the latter, you know the preset won't load properly.

CHANGE THIS.

What happens is you can see that you don't have some gear in that preset, and you can try it without having to be told via popup which would be what you choose. If you do want to be notified, don't hide the notification.

If you are concerned about not having gear, you can either create the presets you'd like with gear you do have and not use the presets many of which were, unsurprisingly, designed to show you what you can do with all of the gear including what you don't have (but do have the ability to quickly and easily demo)...

Return to “Guitars”