Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Be wary of a ding dong named Joshua Yates, or murphdawg. I don't know if he's a scammer or just unsmart. He bought something from me on knobcloud and filed a paypal claim against me 30 minutes later. I refunded and then he tried to get me to send the plugin first lmao.

Had a weird conversation with a member MC-909 here regarding purchasing his Nexus 4.5 complete pack, which has been selling here for a while. After we agreed on a price and decided to proceed with payment, he demanded a transaction through the "Friends and Family" option only and refused to proceed otherwise. I offered to compensate the seller's fee by increasing the price if that was the issue, but he refused to proceed unless I agree on "Friends and Family".

At first, he claimed that he doesn't want to wait 14 days till the payment can be withdrawn from PayPal, as the amount is big. After that, he changed the story and claimed he is a minor and doesn't want tax implications for his mom.
Then he offered a ridiculously low price for the complete pack (750 EUR) if I proceed without buyers' protection.

I politely rejected it. In general, I am of a good opinion of people around me, but this one is just a huge red scam flag.
He is also selling another very expensive product (Eventide Anthology), I can guess big discounts and no protection is the schema.

Moon162612 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:00 am Had a weird conversation with a member MC-909 here regarding purchasing his Nexus 4.5 complete pack, which has been selling here for a while. After we agreed on a price and decided to proceed with payment, he demanded a transaction through the "Friends and Family" option only and refused to proceed otherwise. I offered to compensate the seller's fee by increasing the price if that was the issue, but he refused to proceed unless I agree on "Friends and Family".

At first, he claimed that he doesn't want to wait 14 days till the payment can be withdrawn from PayPal, as the amount is big. After that, he changed the story and claimed he is a minor and doesn't want tax implications for his mom.
Then he offered a ridiculously low price for the complete pack (750 EUR) if I proceed without buyers' protection.

I politely rejected it. In general, I am of a good opinion of people around me, but this one is just a huge red scam flag.
He is also selling another very expensive product (Eventide Anthology), I can guess big discounts and no protection is the schema.
Thanks for the report. Incredibly suspicious.

Smol pp behaviour detected. You tried to manipulate pricing with your weird irs documents trying to convince me it’s okay. I give you all my reasons why I can’t do the normal option and everybody is free to not do business. What I did is called ‘open and transparent’, what you do now is just nasty xD

But let me exercise my free speech too:

I think you’re jealous a minor has all these expensive toys. Well, guess what, I do… and whether I sell it or not you don’t have 400+ premium license on your iLok and this shitty nexus 4 plug-in. I do. You don’t have Komplete 14 ultimate collectors edition and all relevant kontakt libraries from respected vendors like strezov sampling and spitfire. I do. Have. Them. All. And I make drill beats. Lol, I love the free world. Differences gotta be there. Have a nice day.

Moon162612 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:00 am Had a weird conversation with a member MC-909 here regarding purchasing his Nexus 4.5 complete pack, which has been selling here for a while. After we agreed on a price and decided to proceed with payment, he demanded a transaction through the "Friends and Family" option only and refused to proceed otherwise. I offered to compensate the seller's fee by increasing the price if that was the issue, but he refused to proceed unless I agree on "Friends and Family".

Look up xD ^^^

So, I looked up. A minor shouldn’t have a PayPal account.
If it’s his mother’s account then she should be the one selling the item here.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:46 pm So, I looked up. A minor shouldn’t have a PayPal account.
Technically you’re right, but I use and manage the plugins. So I type here and decide everything. He wouldn’t understand the implications of selling beats and living at home. It’s complex, not everybody is a normie like him. I told him honestly I would continue the normal option IF I HAD a PayPal of myself but I have to adhere to what mommy say lolol. But I respect him and free speech and I think he a sad guy xD

MC-909 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:54 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:46 pm So, I looked up. A minor shouldn’t have a PayPal account.
Technically you’re right, but I use and manage the plugins. So I type here and decide everything. He wouldn’t understand the implications of selling beats and living at home. It’s complex, not everybody is a normie like him. I told him honestly I would continue the normal option IF I HAD a PayPal of myself but I have to adhere to what mommy say lolol. But I respect him and free speech and I think he a sad guy xD
He’s right to flag this, if the money isn’t directly going to the person advertising the goods then it gets complicated. I’m sorry if you see it as discriminatory, but legally it’s a potential issue. You could claim you never received payment and be right by the letter of the law.

Name calling other members isn’t a good idea and actually against the forum rules so you may want to not do that.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:01 pm
MC-909 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:54 pm
He’s right to flag this, if the money isn’t directly going to the person advertising the goods then it gets complicated. I’m sorry if you see it as discriminatory, but legally it’s a potential issue. You could claim you never received payment and be right by the letter of the law.

Name calling other members isn’t a good idea and actually against the forum rules so you may want to not do that.
I see, if it’s too complicated feel free to not reach out. If you want this shit nexus 4 complete or Eventide bundle for cheap dm me. Peace!

MC-909 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:38 pm I do. You don’t have Komplete 14 ultimate collectors edition and all relevant kontakt libraries from respected vendors like strezov sampling and spitfire. I do. Have. Them. All.
I'll take "Things That Aren't True" for $200 Alex....

MC-909 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:38 pm Smol pp behaviour detected. You tried to manipulate pricing with your weird irs documents trying to convince me it’s okay. I give you all my reasons why I can’t do the normal option and everybody is free to not do business. What I did is called ‘open and transparent’, what you do now is just nasty xD

But let me exercise my free speech too:

I think you’re jealous a minor has all these expensive toys. Well, guess what, I do… and whether I sell it or not you don’t have 400+ premium license on your iLok and this shitty nexus 4 plug-in. I do. You don’t have Komplete 14 ultimate collectors edition and all relevant kontakt libraries from respected vendors like strezov sampling and spitfire. I do. Have. Them. All. And I make drill beats. Lol, I love the free world. Differences gotta be there. Have a nice day.
You sound so privileged.

No, he's not privileged. It's just a kid who's too inmature to understand that showing off with material wealth means nothing to us intelligent ones. It even gets us think he's not the one he wants us to belive he is. Pathetic.

Ok I got scammed! I did get the product which was the Soundtoys bundle but he never contacted Soundtoys like he said he was. he just transferred the software via Ilok and I was so excited I guess that I didn't verify with Soundtoys or look for an email from them either. he played it off pretty good saying:

I read the license transfer information on the Soundtoys website. They must approve the transfer to the new user. to do this, they need to know (name, address email, iLok.com account User ID, and phone number). Write me your details and I will send them a request.

Soundoys approved the deal. I will transfer the license tomorrow, because it must first be deactivated where it is installed. I'm at my laptop right now, and I'll be home tomorrow. I'll write to you as soon as I'm done.

I should have seen this red flag when he said:

Hi! I asked you to give an answer is everything OK with the transfer? I'm worried if everything is OK give me an answer and I will tell you my address.

The reason he was asking about the transfer was because he wasn’t sure that it would go though so he didn’t want me to mail the dongle for the software until it did. He is located in the Republic of Belarus Russia. His user name is jara82

Soundtoys now says that I obtained the software illegally they still let me use it but I won’t be able to update it etc
LESSON LEARNED !!! :(

dez81 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:31 am Ok I got scammed!
Have you started a paypal dispute?

No it’s been too long I never thought about it because it was an ilok transfer. It’s only when I went on soundtoys website and saw that I didn’t have any software in my account that I realized what happened

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”