Waveform 11.0.24 Beta Available

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sughosha wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:50 pm I found a bug in Plugin Sandboxing:
While in fullscreen mode, by pressing this button:Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, March 29, 2020_19h01m01s_007_.png

if I load any plugin, the screen gets windowed (exits fullscreen).

This started happening after I enabled Plugin Sandboxing.

P.S: Waveform version 11.0.24, Windows 10
I'm not sure if we'll be able to work around this. The plugin sandboxing runs plugins in a separate process and if switching to this process (by opening a plugin) causes Windows to de-full-screen the current process that's not under our control. You might just have to use the app maximised if using the plugin sandbox.

imstre wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:24 am often still fail,
such as the free rompler RaveGenerator2-x64, Smart eq, Smart comp and many other vst
poorly optimized
others like Bitwig, Orion, Mixbus work great.
Can I ask what operating system you're using?
Also, can you go to the "Plugins" settings page, select the problematic plugins and then click the "Validate Selected" button please?
Does the validation pass? If not, can you post the report here please it might help us diagnose the problem. Thanks.

This was Collective. Haven't tried it with any other.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:21 am Just updated to 11.0.24 under Win10. Two issues:

1. I can no longer change to color of clips. Changing the clip color--by clicking on the clip and changing the color from the spectrum--leave the clip unchanged but changes the colors of the notes in the editor.
I have a feeling this is because you have the "Link clip colour to track colour" setting enabled from the "Appearance" settings page? That means clips will always take the track colour.
Having said this, the notes in the MIDI editor should also probably have that colour.
2. More pressingly, I've copied a MIDI clip to the same track (verse 1 to verse 2), and the first note of the second clip fails to play. Adjusting its timing a few milliseconds solves the problem, but you can hear the gap on playback. This hasn't ever happened before under 10.
Watchful wrote:This was Collective. Haven't tried it with any other.
I just tried this out by:
• Creating an instance of Collective on a track
• Adding a MIDI clip at the start of that track
• Add a single MIDI note at the start of that clip
• Copy that MIDI clip to the end of the first clip
• Play from the start

Result -> Both notes are played back by Collective.

If you have a different setup would you be able to post a video or upload an example Edit please?
Thanks.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:47 am
imstre wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:24 am often still fail,
such as the free rompler RaveGenerator2-x64, Smart eq, Smart comp and many other vst
poorly optimized
others like Bitwig, Orion, Mixbus work great.
Can I ask what operating system you're using?
Also, can you go to the "Plugins" settings page, select the problematic plugins and then click the "Validate Selected" button please?
Does the validation pass? If not, can you post the report here please it might help us diagnose the problem. Thanks.
Hi
i am using win 10,intel-inside, core 'i5,12 Ram
RaveGenerator2-x64, Smart eq, Smart comp - the validation pass bat vst3 Smart eq
validation only for the second time
i check a lot vst, vsti
which won't work - I'll let you know
Thanks
plus Collective and Subtractive -the problem is, pick a piano or synth, you open the project again and open synth - synth in default position, and again you have to look for what choices you had
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

I'm having a bit of a hard time following this thread. There are multiple open questions and new issues being reported in replies to other issues. Could you please start a new thread for a specific issue so we can address it directly please?

Regarding the "RaveGenerator2-x64, Smart eq, Smart comp" plugins, when you say they "fail", in what way do they fail?
Can you add them to a track? Do they crash then? Do they pass audio? Do the UIs open?
I just need to get a better idea of the use case so I can replicate the problem quickly. Thanks for ay pointers.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:38 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:41 am Still crashes the whole thing if there's a wrapper in the mixer - not just the sandbox. Makes it really hard to use seriously. Hoping this gets fixed in the next release.
Can you maybe start a new thread about this issue so it doesn't get buried?
I'm not sure exactly what you're reporting. If I add one of the Rack presets to either a track's plugin area or the master plugins, everything works as expected...

Is it perhaps a specific plugin you're using inside the Rack that is crashing?
It could be. I'll keep using it as is for a few more days to see if the same plugin continues to crash it. Before (earlier builds), it would almost alternate with whatever was in the wrapper. Once I have more info, I'll create a new thread. Thanks, as always, for your hard work!

No worries. I'd like to fix this one but I don't think it happens with just any Rack or the issue would probably have been reported thousands of times by now. Just need a good replicable test case. Thanks for your help.

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:33 pm I'm having a bit of a hard time following this thread. There are multiple open questions and new issues being reported in replies to other issues. Could you please start a new thread for a specific issue so we can address it directly please?

ok!

Regarding the "RaveGenerator2-x64, Smart eq, Smart comp" plugins, when you say they "fail", in what way do they fail?
Can you add them to a track? Do they crash then? Do they pass audio? Do the UIs open?
I just need to get a better idea of the use case so I can replicate the problem quickly. Thanks for ay pointers.
collapsed when the interface was opened
audio is also playing during tuning :neutral:
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

dRowAudio wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pmI have a feeling this is because you have the "Link clip colour to track colour" setting enabled from the "Appearance" settings page? That means clips will always take the track colour.
That was it! Not sure how that preference changed, but easily fixed. Sorry to bother.
dRowAudio wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 pmI just tried this out by:
• Creating an instance of Collective on a track
• Adding a MIDI clip at the start of that track
• Add a single MIDI note at the start of that clip
• Copy that MIDI clip to the end of the first clip
• Play from the start

Result -> Both notes are played back by Collective.
I can't produce it again, either on new projects...BUT...this project was an experiment with the "Singer Songwriter" template. As that template won't meet my other needs, I probably won't use it again. Consider this a glitch, only, unless someone wants to see if it's the template. Since it doesn't seem to happen on new, non-templated projects, I'll drop the concern. Thanks for trying, though, Dave!
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Not sure if this is just me, but Multi Sampler doesn't allow modulations to be unassigned from its parameters. Normally this is done by right-clicking a modulated parameter or knob, indicated by an arrow, and selecting "Remove <modulation>" from the pop-up menu. All parameters are unresponsive this way to remove commands within Multi Sampler.

I have a problem with MIDI clips and sending bank select / program change messages from them (for external MIDI gear):

I have a .midnam file set for the MIDI output device, which defines the proper bank select msb and lsb values for several banks of programs.

When I use the "Insert Program Change -> Set the program for this entire clip", when playing the clip the program change and the bank select messages are output to the selected MIDI output in the wrong order. I used "Remove all program-change messages from this clip" before that for this test.

For testing I started the "aseqdump" MIDI monitor program and enabled it as a MID output in the settings and then selected it as the MIDI output device for the track containing the clip. This is the output I get when the clip starts:

Code: Select all

130:4   Program change          5, program 58
130:4   Control change          5, controller 32, value 3
130:4   Control change          5, controller 0, value 0
130:4   Control change          5, controller 10, value 64
130:4   Control change          5, controller 7, value 108
As you can see, the program change comes before the bank select msb and lsb messages, which is wrong, it must come after them, to select the right program on the external MIDI device. As it is, the program change will be relative to the bank set by previous bank select messages, e.g. from playing a different section of a the clip previously, which will often be wrong.

I'm running Waveform 11.0.24 Free on Linux with JACK as audio output and ALSA midi.

I'm getting a crash when I'm zoomed in and trying to edit an audio file. I don't even know how to replicate this, it's an odd one. Waveform freezes and cannot recover. It seems to happen when I have the browser, plugin bar, and menu all on the screen, but I can't say for sure that that's accurate.

If you can send us your log file that gives us a good place to start. You can find it on the "Maintenance" settings page.
Either PM it to me or preferably email it to support@tracktion.com

spoontechnique wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:53 pm I'm getting a crash when I'm zoomed in and trying to edit an audio file. I don't even know how to replicate this, it's an odd one. Waveform freezes and cannot recover. It seems to happen when I have the browser, plugin bar, and menu all on the screen, but I can't say for sure that that's accurate.
I'm having this same issue and can't work because it crash, going to send and e-mail to support with the log file

Return to “Tracktion”