Sylenth vs Serum?? please read

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Sylenth1

i know people hate this question, between synths. but this is not one of those, i think. So i make progressive house and trance. For these genres , i wanted to buy my first vst synth. i came down to these two as i had to take the rent2own route. I am actually kinda fixed to sylenth for the ease and the quality of sound that it can produce and is perfect for this genre i believe. but serum ,many people have told is versatile for the more modern genres if i move to them, which fairly i do not want to. People argue that serum can make everything that sylenth can make. So help me guys. Is serum really good for my genres and give me that warm classic sound that im looking for (in addition to being able to make more modern things) or am i better off with going with sylenth as a first synth which is also cheaper.

You seem to be set on Sylenth already. Then go for it, you won't regret.

And buy Serum later. They are a perfect combo for the genres you named.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Sylenth can do pretty much But it doesent do everythin and it use low cpu and its prob why its very popular its very easy to use. I heard serum is more cpu hungry. Also lennar digital is a Great guy with always good support and I had 0 problem to make license transfers. He deserve respect!

recursive one wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:17 pm You seem to be set on Sylenth already. Then go for it, you won't regret.

And buy Serum later. They are a perfect combo for the genres you named.
i guess i am. But who can disagree, the sound and lushness of sylenth just speaks for my genres. and also as u said, i can see why they can be a very and i mean, very powerful tool together. omg cant wait to buy sylenth for now and then serum in the future

yobare wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:18 pm Sylenth can do pretty much But it doesent do everythin and it use low cpu and its prob why its very popular its very easy to use. I heard serum is more cpu hungry. Also lennar digital is a Great guy with always good support and I had 0 problem to make license transfers. He deserve respect!
Ya, i see him always responding to any queries. he's super active on this forum. So I guess ill go with sylenth for now

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synthmaster One may also be of interest.

If rent-to-own is a must (not sure Hive2 is available on rent-to-own) then start with Sylenth. I have (and work constantly) with Sylenth, Serum, Hive etc etc and Sylenth is a really good one to start with. There are lot of tutorials out there and I really like, still to this day, the filters and osc's in Sylenth. Learn it inside out and then move onto Serum. You can even make awesome kick drums in Sylenth (and in the others), but my point is that you can do tons in Sylenth, and it can sound good if you are proficient. Sylenth can't be blamed if you get crappy sounds. If you want more info, just PM me.

Sylenth, if you decide down the road that you need Serum, than go for it, but now you are really golden with Sylenth for the thing you want.

claudedefaren wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:24 pm Sylenth sounds better
...Than Serum?!

:|

Serum is the best synth ever, ever. However I would recommend starting with Sylenth.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Sylenth.

Lennard is a synth god and in a few exchanges with him over the years, retiring but cool.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Sylenth’s Sounds Good if you are not looking something like Wavetable Synth. Indeed Sylenth1 is Really Awesome.

The answer is both. Rent to own both of them, and pay them off over time.

I have both of them and I produce Trance/Psy Trance...

If I had to buy them again and I would have to choose one of them it would be definetely Serum before I would even think about Sylenth...
Because of it´s great LFOs, being based on Wavetable synthesis with sample support via the noise osc, more versatile filters and FM capabilities on top I would rate Serum about 10 times more powerful than Sylenth ... so for the first and only synth (beside a learning aspect) you would cut at least one of your legs with going "just" the Sylenth only route...

Return to “Instruments”