Sylenth vs Serum?? please read

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Sylenth1

MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:16 pm ...
It wont get fully there because Sylenth is a VA and Serum is a Wavetable which is more digital.
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:23 pm ...
This is my point entirely. They are two completely different animals.
Where do you guys get your brilliant ideas from???

Sylenth is a WAVETABLE synth because it`s oscillators just play a multisampled waveform of a SAW/SQUARE etc ... while Serum relies on WAVETABLE SYNTHESIS with the difference you can scan in Serum through a series of them...
Again nevertheless this is sample playback vs. sample playback... now please tell me again which one is more "digital"...
The truth is that they both are as digital as something can be...
Yes, they sound different as every synth plugin sounds different to any other but that´s it... one can sound as "analog" or "warm" as any other if you know how...
If you don´t know how or you forgot just take a look at Shane from Echo Sound Works which is a brilliant genius on Serum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pvptfX8O8

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trancit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:36 pmMost likely very intruiging.
But why would I want to? The truth is we're spoiled in this day and age. If I was back in the 90s I would spend all day making my Nord/Virus sound analog because I could probably only afford one hardware synth.

However now I can just fire up a VA plugin for "analog" or fire up Serum if I want cold and digital. And essentially that's exactly what I do given Sylenth and Serum are my go-to synths.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:47 pm
Trancit wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:36 pmMost likely very intruiging.
You quoted the wrong person... or you took the wrong quote... 8)

thats why its so intriguing.

claudedefaren wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:45 pm And yet, you'll not find any tutorials (or anyone asking) about how to make Sylenth sound more analog... :)
Found in a matter of seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Dph8N_jjE
In this tutorial, Echo Sound Works shows you some quick tips to make Sylenth sound a little less digital by emulating analog circuits.

Even though the reason we all love Sylenth is because of it's amazing digital filters, sometimes you just need a sound to be more "analog".

By setting up some creative modulation, you can make Sylenth a little less digital and a little more analog. Perfect for adding the final touches to a good sound.

"Analog circuits emulation..."

"... by setting up creative modulation"

Mhm.

Tell you joker's what, just use a Korg minilogue/XD for your true analoge synth or a prologue or a berhinger whatever
Virtual analog is an emulation of an analog synth that runs in coding over actual circuitry

In what famous song do you care If sound is more analog or not lol.

Wtf?

Actually i would test The two synths and then decide. What ever i like more then buy. Also even try other alternative to see what fits best.

Return to “Instruments”