Drambo (modular groovebox and more)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Definitely looks interesting, might give this a shot and see how it goes.
Take care :wink:

That was my thought too - still have lots to learn about it weeks later...

Its now an AU host, amazing.
Even more amazing it runs on my new M1 MacBook as well (with resizable window, brilliant).

Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:13 am Its now an AU host, amazing.
Indeed! Fantastic update. Dranbo is a beast!

This thing gets better and better....if it would run perfect on my M1 (it runs but there are lots of bugs which are expected since its not a native Mac app) it would be my favourite modular there too maybe. Its still a new app but added already so much and most important is really makes fun to use (compared to some old dinosaurs like Reaktor).
Edit: Link to video does not work, however, there is now also a radio unit available inside Drambo :)

Agree with you Cinebient, I just bought a ipad8 and I seriously think about an m1 just for Drambo and others mac goodies.( I want to buy a Hydrasynth by Asm but now,I'm not so sure...). It's been a long time you speaking about the ios app quality and you are completely right!
Innovative and great sounding.
My last ipad was from 2011, and ios made some giant step.
Happy Christmas holidays!
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:13 am Agree with you Cinebient, I just bought a ipad8 and I seriously think about an m1 just for Drambo and others mac goodies.( I want to buy a Hydrasynth by Asm but now,I'm not so sure...). It's been a long time you speaking about the ios app quality and you are completely right!
Innovative and great sounding.
My last ipad was from 2011, and ios made some giant step.
Happy Christmas holidays!
Get Borderlands too... it's so much fun and very powerful granular tool.

Thanks for the advise ! I'm a app addict now-:)
Best
YY

I even can use the Drambo AUv3 in Logic now and I also can load any iOS AUv3 in the standalone version of Drambo on my Mac as well but AUv3 iOS is a bit broken on Mac. Still early days but I guess it gets better.
But Drambo even works nice on my iPhone.
Drambo might be indeed my favourite modular synth (beside my still beloved P900 which has still the best sound ever I heard in a synth when it comes to analog/organic sounds within a software modular, it might indeed will be ported to iOS one day).
I do not like to use iPads anymore and find its also too expensive, especially when I see what in get now with these M1 MacBooks.
Sadly Drambo still works much better on iOS and multi-touch but I hope things get better.
P.S. indeed there is a way to get all your bought iOS apps on a M1 Mac, even if they opted out for the Mac app store.

Great news, I bought Borderland, thanks pdxindy, it's an awesome app.
And this morning, MiRack at a discount price: it's awesome how well it's optimized for iOS, my cpu into Aum is so low with a lot of modules and patching!
An iPad can't replace my main desktop computer, but for playing on my sofa, it's crazy what you can do, and for mpe, Drambo is really great too!
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:38 pm Great news, I bought Borderland, thanks pdxindy, it's an awesome app.
And this morning, MiRack at a discount price: it's awesome how well it's optimized for iOS, my cpu into Aum is so low with a lot of modules and patching!
An iPad can't replace my main desktop computer, but for playing on my sofa, it's crazy what you can do, and for mpe, Drambo is really great too!
Borderlands is amazing! I record right into the iPad Pro using my voice, or guitar or flute parts, plus some ambient noises and then in a short time I end up with amazing soundscapes. There are a few small things I would like to see added, such as a bit more options for tempo syncing animations and looping envelopes. A little more control over windowing would be useful. It's my favorite sit on the couch and have a great time and come up with truly satisfying results app. hehehe

I wish Drambo had a song mode. I like Drambo, but I don't love it.

People keep wondering if the next generation of iPads running the new “Apple Silicon” will get Logic Pro and/or function even more like a MacBook. I guess that I would prefer a well-differentiated product for my iPad but time will tell I suppose.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:32 am People keep wondering if the next generation of iPads running the new “Apple Silicon” will get Logic Pro and/or function even more like a MacBook. I guess that I would prefer a well-differentiated product for my iPad but time will tell I suppose.
iPads have been running Apple Silicon for years... it is the Macs switching to Apple Silicon that makes it more likely that some Mac applications may come to iPad.

I would like Logic Pro... or even just a significantly enhanced Garageband for iOS. Garageband currently has some painful limitations on iOS...

But at least there is Logic Remote for iPad... it works great.

How would you want the iPad different? I mean its great to have the Affinity apps on iOS and that they are feature compatible and one can easily go back and forth with the Mac.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:14 am
Gribs wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:32 am People keep wondering if the next generation of iPads running the new “Apple Silicon” will get Logic Pro and/or function even more like a MacBook. I guess that I would prefer a well-differentiated product for my iPad but time will tell I suppose.
iPads have been running Apple Silicon for years... it is the Macs switching to Apple Silicon that makes it more likely that some Mac applications may come to iPad.

I would like Logic Pro... or even just a significantly enhanced Garageband for iOS. Garageband currently has some painful limitations on iOS...

But at least there is Logic Remote for iPad... it works great.

How would you want the iPad different? I mean its great to have the Affinity apps on iOS and that they are feature compatible and one can easily go back and forth with the Mac.
Ah, I didn't realize that iPads are running Apple's own CPUs. I am a PC person for most things. I don't use a Mac at all. I use Affinity Designer on my iPad, though, but not as often as I thought I would. I have a license for Illustrator at work, but I use it to make technical mathematical physics diagrams and not art. I got into it when I worked on a project that involved printing light-extracting dots on light guides using an industrial printer and the printer we were using ran off a plugin for Illustrator. If there was a real Illustrator app for the iPad I would be using it for work purposes. Affinity Designer is the only thing I found that is close.

The main work-related thing I do on the iPad is take notes and make mathematical calculations and hand-drawn diagrams using the Apple Pencil. I tried for years to do this well with a stylus and ended up giving up. Then when the pencil came along it was a game changer. I also save and read PDFs of technical journal articles (Goodreader).

I considered at various times buying a Mac Mini something-or-other to run Numerology because the program, as I have read about it, appeals to me. If I did that it would probably make sense to try Logic Pro. Then I go and price out what I can build using high-quality PC parts for the same price as the Mini and I jettison the idea of buying a Mini. I am probably more interested in Numerology than Logic Pro and if that ran in iOS I would be happy. I don't mind messing with building a PC. It is like another hobby for me - basically fun.

I just bought a miniDSP USBStreamer B. That together with a powered USB hub lets me stream digital audio from the iPad Pro directly to/from the ADAT on my RME Babyface Pro (or much older Fireface 800). With a USB MIDI host (iConnectivity mioXL) I can run MIDI from a Windows device to the iPad. So now the iPad Pro can function like an external audio synthesizer or processor or both with MIDI control from Windows all in the digital realm.

I will definitely be upgrading the screen size on my next iPad (my current is my 3rd). Increased CPU speed and internal RAM size increase would be good. A barrier I have run into is also the file system (or lack thereof), especially when downloading files. I want to be able to download a file (wav, pdf, image files, etc.) and just save the file to a folder. I don't want to open it in an app to save it or put it in the cloud somewhere only to have to retrieve it again to use it.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”