Released: Free Synthesizer Odin 2 [Win / Mac / Linux]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Odin 2

Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:05 pm I downloaded the product, but without an installer for it, it's not at all clear to me how get Logic Pro X 10.4.8 to use it. I'm using Apple Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina. How do you install this product? I tried sending a bug report, but it apparently also got blocked.
If you have one (or both), you can load an instance of Blue Cat’s Patchwork or Plogue’s Bidule into Logic, and load Mac-compatible VST3s into that to use in Logic. If you don’t own Patchwork or Bidule already and have no other need for them, I doubt that it’s worth the money to buy one just so you can load this freeware VST3, but as a general proposition both are excellent and useful plugins/apps, including this wrapper capability.

djanthonyw wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 pm
Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:05 pm I downloaded the product, but without an installer for it, it's not at all clear to me how get Logic Pro X 10.4.8 to use it. I'm using Apple Mac OS 10.15.3 Catalina. How do you install this product? I tried sending a bug report, but it apparently also got blocked.
Looks like there's no AU, just VST. Personally I don't see the point of Mac support without an AU as Mac users primarily use Logic.
I'm a little confused, here. In Logic, I've been successfully demo-ing Halion 6 and Padshop 2, whose preset libraries are VSTs. Are you saying that these two instruments themselves operate with AU but within them use VSTs and therefore work in Logic?

SirkusPi wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:07 pm
If you have one (or both), you can load an instance of Blue Cat’s Patchwork or Plogue’s Bidule into Logic, and load Mac-compatible VST3s into that to use in Logic. If you don’t own Patchwork or Bidule already and have no other need for them, I doubt that it’s worth the money to buy one just so you can load this freeware VST3, but as a general proposition both are excellent and useful plugins/apps, including this wrapper capability.
Thanks for the advice. I have neither, so I'm out of luck. Oh well.

Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:05 pm I downloaded the product, but without an installer for it, it's not at all clear to me how get Logic Pro X 10.4.8 to use it.
Hi Greg, yeah there's no AU version so far, sorry.
Brother Greg wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:05 pm I tried sending a bug report, but it apparently also got blocked.
Are you implying the bug report form is not working? I just checked and received no such bugreport from you.
If this is the case please contact me here / via PM / via Email, since the integrity of the report form is vital for the entire beta phase.

Apratim wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:12 pm 1.is it possible to add the chip draw oscillator as option in the lfo.....
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.. Use the chiptune osc (and it's arp) as an LFO? Or use the arp itselft (i.e. the arp pitch values) as an LFO?

EDIT: Ah, I get it now, we're talking the chipdraw osc! Yeah that's totally possible, I'll probably add that, thanks.

Linux version works/looks/sounds great in Reaper/linux. :hyper:

But couldn't you make it harder to install???
I mean, copying a single .so file to the linux .vst folder
and having a great instrument ....just seems so wrong :dog:

Where are the convoluted command lines? :o
Where are the cryptic compiling docs ??? :scared:

Guess I'll just have to play the instrument instead :(

:hihi:

djanthonyw wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 pm Looks like there's no AU, just VST. Personally I don't see the point of Mac support without an AU as Mac users primarily use Logic.
I am a Mac user, I don‘t use Logic primarily and most colleagues I know as well have other hosts as their main tool. But I do use sometimes Mainstage, and for adding sound to video Logic is fine.
As it is Juce based, creating an AU version would be a push of a button. I would not expect too many problems, it could rather point to bugs which would be worth to fix anyway.
Seems to be a perfect candidate for the next OSC...

I'm loving this, it's pretty well laid out & seems to work well so far on linux. I've already made a beautiful evolving PAD patch, my only real complaint so far is that the gui is tiny especially on my 2560x1440 res monitor. Someone has already mentioned that the gui is small even on a 1080p monitor so I think the size of the gui could definitely do with being scaled up a bit even if you aren't intending to add a scalable gui until sometime later.

glokraw wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:51 am Linux version works/looks/sounds great in Reaper/linux. :hyper:

But couldn't you make it harder to install???
I mean, copying a single .so file to the linux .vst folder
and having a great instrument ....just seems so wrong :dog:

Where are the convoluted command lines? :o
Where are the cryptic compiling docs ??? :scared:

Guess I'll just have to play the instrument instead :(
You'd think he'd throw a Windows dependency in at the very least so Wine gets to join in the fun. ;)

Thanks, a fine sounding instrument for sure.

Peevy2000 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 pm my only real complaint so far is that the gui is tiny especially on my 2560x1440 res monitor.
This will be the first thing I will tackle apart from stability. I made the decision to render bitmaps for the GUI, which makes it hard to scale things, since everything gets blurry. I will probably rerender all graphics and provide a 150% and 200% version or something.

PS: Don't forget to send me that beautiful pad-sound of yours :)

sent a request as beta tester, downloading it now ;-)

WaveWarden:
Thank You for supporting Linux, and thank you for this great instrument! I really like how the modulation options are all on one page, so it's easy to see what is modulating what.
I just downloaded this last night, and have been poking around with it. There seems to be a lot of depth to this thing, lots of oscillator options, and lots of ways to modulate/animate the waves.
Good stuff!

Cool! Count me in. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I just uploaded Version 2.0.14 beta:

- fixes malfunctioning phaser
- modulation-amount now resettable by ctr-clicking
- added AudioUnit version

Return to “Instruments”