DrumComputer needs a proper ADSR envelope for each sound engine individually!

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Almost every sound that comes out from this plugin is clicky like hell and produces artifacts due to a missing proper ADSR module for each sound engine. There is no way to increase or turn up the attack and release time to avoid this.

Can someone confirm if this is a bug, a missing feature or even user error?
Thanks

well the clicky stuff has stopped me from using this otherwise great drummachine completely.
it might be a user error, but i don't think so. there's more people on the web experiencing this.

i'm not hating, this comes from my own experience with the plugin.

regarding the clicking:

it might sound cool on small devices like phones, but it seems to be totally unusable in an acoustically well treated room with good monitors.

the problem i think is that there's too much emphasis on the attack of the created sound, and not enough on the body & decay of the sound.
the only way to get rid of the clicking is by using a lot of filtering with either an eq or filters / transient shaper, but then the programmed sound totally disappears.

i would like to see controls that allow the user to adjust the click to their own preference, and/or get rid of it completely.
like a mix slider for it or something.

that plus a proper ADSR for each engine.

Thanks for your reply.
I totally agree with you, this isn´t something trivial and needs to be improved in a hotfix. I really like what DC does and how and I want to continue using it as much as possible. But this issue prevents me from doing that.

I found out that the clicks can definitely be reduced by changing or editing the sequences. I don´t understand exactly why but it seems to be somehow related to the velocity of the single notes in the sequencer grid.

33tetragammon wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:02 am well the clicky stuff has stopped me from using this otherwise great drummachine completely.....
i would like to see controls that allow the user to adjust the click to their own preference, and/or get rid of it completely.
like a mix slider for it or something.

that plus a proper ADSR for each engine.

I totally agree, in my case it keeps me from bying, the Sequencer is outstanding though

Return to “Sugar Bytes”