MIDI output from Grain to MIDI

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am interested in using Grain to MIDI in Crusher-X. I understand how to activate it in the settings, but I can't figure out how and where the MIDI is output. I am using Ableton Live as my DAW. Any suggestions? Thanks!

rpacker wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:03 pm I am interested in using Grain to MIDI in Crusher-X. I understand how to activate it in the settings, but I can't figure out how and where the MIDI is output. I am using Ableton Live as my DAW. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Actually we also didn't found a quick way to route control data from a plug-in into another MIDI-track of Ableton Live (not saying that is impossible). Pretty sure that Max for Live will make it. Probably there is a plug-in out there that could be chained after crusher-X in the track and let you route MIDI-data to a MIDI-out device? Bitwig or modular DAWs like Plogue Bidule are more flexible with MIDI-Controller routing. Under Windows you can also use the vstwrap stand-alone crusher-X player to route the plug-ins MIDI controller data output to an external MIDI device. Anyone else has an suggestion?

Best
accSone

I dont see the notes coming out in Bitwig either actually.

neither do I in Bitwig but would love to experiment with this..

Yes, this is an issue from Bitwig and from many other DAWs (not processing MIDI output events generated by a plug-in). This is why we implemented the direct MIDI-out feature in crusher-X 9. You can e.g. use it together with a MIDI-Loopback device to route the generated MIDI data to your desired target.

Hope that helps,
Best
accSone

Just got it working with loop midi in Bitwig - fantastic thanks..

cendrars wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:40 am Just got it working with loop midi in Bitwig - fantastic thanks..
Normally i do that with the Hardware Instrument device to Loopmidi and back in, but since there's no notes coming out the back of Crusher X??
How did you do that Cendrars?

Hi, in Crusher-x settings if you set the direct midi output to loop midi then you can add an instrument track in Bitwig and set that input to receive loop midi. I'm getting some great results so far.

cendrars wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:32 pm Hi, in Crusher-x settings if you set the direct midi output to loop midi then you can add an instrument track in Bitwig and set that input to receive loop midi. I'm getting some great results so far.
Maybe my version is different. I am on 8.62. See the attached screengrab
I dont see any option to set the direct midi output inside CX. I might be doing something wrong though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It is version 9 it was added.. it is a great feature to have - I was getting some fantastic results yesterday using crusher-x to trigger Bitwig samplers.

Alright. Tnx.
Arg, now i see Freq literally said V9.
I guess it confused me because theres this button "graintomidi".

Purchased V9. :tu:

This is how it looks like in v9:
midiv9.JPG
Best
accSone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “accSone”