Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

they got what matter the most more or less nailed on massive X so even if it would stay like that it would still be one of the best digital synth either made.

kobal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:52 am they got what matter the most more or less nailed on massive X so even if it would stay like that it would still be one of the best digital synth either made.
Indeed and what I said a couple of pages back. Anything added further is only going to be a bonus. So, it's best to leave any expectations aside for Massive X to avoid disappointments.

anytime a company is acquired or find themselves in financial trouble, they bring in the MBAs (suits) and the product almost always gets re-targeted towards the lowest common denominator. Their excuse is that the majority of users want a simpler product with less of all those confusing options, but the truth is the idiot MBAs are the ones confused and they dumb the product down so that they can understand it. Or they try their best to create or change a tool for the advanced/professional user, but since their only insight into that world is a focus group, the attempt almost always fails.
I'm a seasoned vet in the Photoshop world who has worked on a beta team at Adobe for years and years, giving free consulting advice to their PMs. I can tell you with no uncertainty that the idiots who run the Photoshop team now are completely ignorant of the professional markets and have no interest in improving the product for us. They simply don't understand what we do and they have no interest in learning. Their job is 9-5 and then they go home and don't think twice about the mess they're making for those of us who depend on the product to put food on the table. The same thing is happening across the all creative industries, including audio.
Last edited by psynical on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I can see why you go by the name psynical!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:59 am
kobal wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:52 am they got what matter the most more or less nailed on massive X so even if it would stay like that it would still be one of the best digital synth either made.
Indeed and what I said a couple of pages back. Anything added further is only going to be a bonus. So, it's best to leave any expectations aside for Massive X to avoid disappointments.
Maybe, if they still didn’t say this on their product page:
MASSIVE X will grow, adapt, and evolve with regular free updates

Dalle wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:09 pm
Yeh, just like 'new rapid development system' that was going to give us loads of new amps with GR6 (which like MASSIVE X was rushed out for the big Komplete update with promises of loads more to come)...A year and a half has passed so far....nada. Still, they managed plenty of new romper's and soundpacks packs 'for sale'.... :roll:

NI have lost all credibility as developer with me, and I have been with them since the start...from Kore to Maschine!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It actually does. If you consider the big update where they implemented parameter value readout. Or that they offered new skins, or the VST3 version.

I really think people expect too much these days. Especially in software.

Rule of today: Release a synth, and the first thing people will ask is if it will get a better preset browser. No matter what kind of preset browser you implement. And, if that isn't implemented in a month or two, there'll be riots.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:22 pm
It actually does. If you consider the big update where they implemented parameter value readout. Or that they offered new skins, or the VST3 version.

Rule of today: Release a synth, and the first thing people will ask is if it will get a better preset browser. No matter what kind of preset browser you implement. And, if that isn't implemented in a month or two, there'll be riots.
Well, in the case of MX I think it's fair to see people complaining about the browser (it's indeed a disappointing one, IMO). By comparison, I find Phaseplant's browser superb, from the get-go.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Well, in the case of MX I think it's fair to see people complaining about the browser (it's indeed a disappointing one, IMO). By comparison, I find Phaseplant's browser superb, from the get-go.
You know what always surprises me? That forums are full of complaints about everything these days, yet people still seem to use the things they complain about. If it's all so hopeless, why not use something else? Doesn't compute at all. If I am so discontent, and unhappy with something, it ends up in the corner, or in the trash. Simple.

I even understand some of the complaints. But, seriously, if I would be so unhappy with it, I would just stop, sell it, or demand my money back. Sometimes I think this complain and "I know so much better than company XY" game is more satisfying for some than just to move on. It's really strange.

Well, thinking about, I'm sure it's something else as well: The unwill to cope with imperfect things. Unfortunately, it's something which is really vital in life: To accept that things aren't perfect, and never will be. If you're unable to accept that, you're simply less fit for life, I'm afraid.

If I remember correctly, this sentence has been there since the release of Massive X. But anyway, it's a pretty powerful synth as it is right now. Let's see what is planned next. :tu:
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But updates are updates. Even if it's just font location shifted by 1px left, it's still free update ;)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:36 pm It's not surprising or difficult to understand: People can continue to use synths they have complaints about because for them the pros outweigh the cons.
The question for me is then why they don't spend time working around these issues, rather than spend so much time complaining about the issues, in places where noone is present who's involved in the development of the software, or able to pass the feedback on to someone who is.

And, yes, I absolutely think it's a general issue with so many things these days. Complaints. Imagine people back in the days would have complained so much, and would have been that unproductive. Fkn hell. Nothing would exist these days if they would have.

Imagine how painful it was in the 70's or 80's to produce music. I haven't really read of heard much about people notoriously complaining about the bad conditions and the bad equipment they had to work with. That's surely a modern thing. And, which is even more surprising, in times where we have everything automated and done for us, comparatively.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:40 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:36 pm It's not surprising or difficult to understand: People can continue to use synths they have complaints about because for them the pros outweigh the cons.
The question for me is then why they don't spend time working around these issues, rather than spend so much time complaining about the issues, in places where noone is present who's involved in the development of the software, or able to pass the feedback on to someone who is.

And, yes, I absolutely think it's a general issue with so many things these days. Complaints. Imagine people back in the days would have complained so much, and would have been that unproductive. Fkn hell. Nothing would exist these days if they would have.

Imagine how painful it was in the 70's or 80's to produce music. I haven't really read of heard much about people notoriously complaining about the bad conditions and the bad equipment they had to work with. That's surely a modern thing. And, which is even more surprising, in times where we have everything automated and done for us, comparatively.
i complained endlessly to myself about the shity display and sound and features of my akai s2000 but i was so happy to have it because it was the only sampler i could afford at the time and i made tracks w/it regardless. use stuff for what it's good for and make the most of it.

use what you have. figure out how to do stuff. make tunes.

also, people don't have to buy every plug in that comes.. i think sometimes people do.. just so they can complain because it doesn't solve some problem they have like they expected it to.. or they're always out looking for some thing that will be "the answer" to their music making issues and bring their music 'to the next level' or whatever marketing speak.. when really the problem is just to get off the internet and use whatever is available and try to make something regardless of whatever 'limitations' something might have. i mean.. we're more than spoiled for choice when it comes to music making tools, cpu power etc.. there's no reason anyone should have trouble making sounds or whatever.

i get it.. when you use something for a long time and it gets mothballed or abandoned or ruined by an update or becomes unusable... it's natural to vent.. but at some point you just have to let go and use the other pile of software on your hard drive and wait until the other things are fixed/updated or you forget about them and realize you didn't need them anyways.

in the end it's all about the tracks.

:tu:

Return to “Instruments”