Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:50 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:30 am Stupid question of the day: Do you get updates for Massive X, when they come, if you own it as part of an older version of Komplete? :hyper:
Yes, with NI unless they come out with a v2 you get all updates no matter which version of Komplete you got a product in.
Noice! thx.

Massive X has a new update:
1.4.3 - 2023-03-23

MASSIVE X is available as AAX, AU, VST and VST3 Plug-ins in this version.

MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor.

The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.

ADDED AAX Apple Silicon support
IMPROVED Various browser fixes and enhancements. User preset tags can now be edited
FIXED Massive is now macOS Ventura compatible
KNOWN ISSUE VST3 crashes in Reaper on macOS during scan (but still passes validation)
KNOWN ISSUE Host automation parameter names are fixed to "Macro" in Logic and GarageBand on Apple Silicon computers
KNOWN ISSUE Intermittent crashes when used with Mainstage
KNOWN ISSUE VST3 Macro parameters are overwritten by the DAW when recalling projects with Digital Performer. Please use AU or VST2 instead
The good: You can now tag your presets.

The bad: You still can't make your own banks. You still have to double-click presets, but now when you do it the browser closes. Awesome 'improvement' there, seems someone at NI really loves making Massive X as annoying as possible.

Not only that, whenever I open MX the GUI seems to be loading slower than before

Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:04 pm Massive X has a new update:
1.4.3 - 2023-03-23

MASSIVE X is available as AAX, AU, VST and VST3 Plug-ins in this version.

MASSIVE X requires an Intel processor with AVX or an Apple Silicon processor.

The MASSIVE X Factory Library is a separate installation, be sure to install via NATIVE ACCESS.

ADDED AAX Apple Silicon support
IMPROVED Various browser fixes and enhancements. User preset tags can now be edited
FIXED Massive is now macOS Ventura compatible
KNOWN ISSUE VST3 crashes in Reaper on macOS during scan (but still passes validation)
KNOWN ISSUE Host automation parameter names are fixed to "Macro" in Logic and GarageBand on Apple Silicon computers
KNOWN ISSUE Intermittent crashes when used with Mainstage
KNOWN ISSUE VST3 Macro parameters are overwritten by the DAW when recalling projects with Digital Performer. Please use AU or VST2 instead
The good: You can now tag your presets.

The bad: You still can't make your own banks. You still have to double-click presets, but now when you do it the browser closes. Awesome 'improvement' there, seems someone at NI really loves making Massive X as annoying as possible.
Plus the tagging is inferior to what you could already do in Komplete Kontrol. At least in KK you can tag multiple patches at once, not in MPX

NI do not seem to understand the importance of users having the ability to author their own content anymore

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:11 pm Not only that, whenever I open MX the GUI seems to be loading slower than before
Yeah, I noticed that too. Disappointing update.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:18 pmNI do not seem to understand the importance of users having the ability to author their own content anymore
NI, you mean “Naive Instruments” right? :help:
MuLab of course :D

One small but nice little addition, which should have been there from the beginning, though is the option to reset tags with a "Reset" button in search bar. Not sure if it was a result of my request on the forum few months ago, but I appreciate it. It was very annoying to manually clear multiple selected tags.

Still no way of sorting third party sounds OR EVEN USER PRESETS into separate folders ?

STILL ???

OH, come on, Native Instruments, GET TO IT !

PLEASE !!!

Cuz_I'm_Broke wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:30 pm Still no way of sorting third party sounds OR EVEN USER PRESETS into separate folders ?

STILL ???

OH, come on, Native Instruments, GET TO IT !

PLEASE !!!
They still haven't done this after all these years? wtf.

You can add new tags and add them to user presets. It's not as good as being able to set banks but it is possible to organise your user presets better at least.

Yeah but you only do that one by one using Massive X browser, might as well continue to tag using Komplete Kontrol which at least let’s you select and tag multiple patches at once

Their flagship abandoned for years without fixing essential things... Who would have thought NI would become this?

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:19 pm Their flagship abandoned for years without fixing essential things... Who would have thought NI would become this?
https://youtu.be/b_Aq3pCtsZo?t=173

it's been recently updated to work with silicon macs, so development is hardly dead.

i use MX all the time, it's a distinctive synth. of course we need user preset management, but in the meantime, i can make music with it, which, for me anyway... is the main point.

fisherKing wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:48 pm it's been recently updated to work with silicon macs, so development is hardly dead.

i use MX all the time, it's a distinctive synth. of course we need user preset management, but in the meantime, i can make music with it, which, for me anyway... is the main point.
same. it really sounds amazing imo. i tend not to get hung up on the negatives of synths and just go for it.. if it's unusable then i won't use it but Mx is hardly 'unusable'. it's quite good w/a few annoying exceptions.

Return to “Instruments”