Issues with Acoustic Revolutions 3

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased Acoustic Revolutions 3 and am running into some issues right out of the gate:

1. I am starting my MIDI sequence on measure 2 in my DAW, but I want the Strum Rhythm to start from the beginning of the Rhythm. It's starting halfway through it - is this because I'm starting the MIDI on measure 2? Is there a workaround for this?

2. As a test, I moved the MIDI sequence to measure 3, which did make it so that it starts at the beginning of the strum rhythm instead of halfway through - however the audio for the beginning of the sample is getting cut off. Per suggestion from the message in the UI, I have moved the chord notes to slightly ahead of the beat, and while that seems to resolve the cutoff issue, now I have what sounds like a pick scrape or some other noise happening at beginning of the sequence. I can't figure out why and I only have the MIDI notes in place that are necessary to trigger the rhythm and the chord - nothing related to any of the FX.

3. The rhythm I need for this current song is just a very simple 4/4 downstroke rhythm with one downstroke on beginning of each measure. Since all the rhythms included with AR3 are a little more complex than that, I thought I would resolve it easily when reading the following in the user manual:

"Note that in ALL 3 modes you also have access to a set of single strums, chokes, slides, knocks and other FX, mentioned earlier in this manual. You can find these samples mapped to the octave starting at C0, represented by the pink and red keys."

I assumed this to mean that one of the C0 octave keys would have just a single strum downward, which would make sense, and would allow me to easily create the simple rhythm I'm trying to accomplish. But this doesn't seem to be there. Am I missing something with that?

I bought AR3 yesterday b/c this production I'm working on needs some very simple chords with a very simple rhythm and I thought that samples of these chords being played would sound much better than an Acoustic Guitar VSTi, but honestly, this is the most complicated IS product I've ever used as far as just getting something seemingly very simple to just work. All other IS products I've used are top-notch so this experience has thus far been pretty frustrating. I'm hoping it's user error.

Thanks.
Last edited by stpete111 on Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Update: I think I've resolved #2. If I put ALL midi notes at exactly the same start time, and make sure they all start slightly ahead of the beat, at the same time, it triggers correctly. Per the message in the UI of the plugin, I thought I was only supposed to start the chord notes ahead of the beat, but keep the Rhythm trigger note on the exact beat.

Regarding 1, you will probably want to set Sync to Key instead of Grid.

Hi EvilDragon - sorry, I don't see where to do that?

It's right next to the Rhythm Mode dropdown.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:37 am It's right next to the Rhythm Mode dropdown.
Am I missing something? This is what my interface looks like:

This is the link to the image in case you can't access it in the above post: https://ibb.co/C0f3fmq

Oh, apologies. What I was talking about is a feature added in v1.1 update that has not yet been released unfortunately. Stay tuned!

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:33 am Oh, apologies. What I was talking about is a feature added in v1.1 update that has not yet been released unfortunately. Stay tuned!
Oh ok, well that's good news! Looking forward to it!

Any projected release timeframe yet?

That's up to zircon, tbh, I have no idea myself.

Ok thanks. @Zircon - patiently awaiting the update :)

Update only files are not there yet, but if you redownload the library now it should be v1.1 with the above mentioned feature in.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm Update only files are not there yet, but if you redownload the library now it should be v1.1 with the above mentioned feature in.
Thanks very much for following up on this!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”