need a stereo widener

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:23 pm wha tha eff are you talkin' bout mate? why do ya want somting like dat, pweepl? Save ya money! use your stock delay instead.
I see what you did there :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

poshook wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:38 pm This is the best one I ever heard. Very unique approach but amazing results

https://www.quikquak.com/prod_UpStereoPro.html
+1

I've had it for years (since v1) and kinda overlooked it (aren't we all - at some point in our music making experience?...). maybe it's the linear-phase fashion in which it operates, dunno...

After this post (thanks, Poshook) I re-installed v2 and was like "what the fak ?..".
v3 is even behtta (as the British say :P).

Setting it MILDLY and a/b'ing gives an "did I have THAT MUCH ear-wax in my ears ? :o " (at least from my personal perspective). if the mid gets a little (or not so little) smeared (as one might expect happening with this process, when mixing low-end-to-sub signals with Mids and High-End), one can always augment QQUS with a simple m/s like MSED and beef up a LITTLE the MID (while simultaneously withdrawing the sides a tiny bit) ,for that perfect stereo-to-mono translation.

Well done, Mr. Hoskins :tu:

There’s many choices out there. You have to be careful with these as they may introduce phase cancellation issues and there are plenty of contemporary reasons for mono compatibility.

A slightly left field suggestion I would make, though, is Waves Vitamin. It will do the multiband stereo widening thing, but it will also do this combination eq/compressor/enhancer thing as well, making it much more usable and flexible.

Return to “Effects”