Synapse Audio OBSESSION is now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Obsession

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:28 am I thought you had said Dune 3 had the same reverb? (At least the Shimmer hall)
Yes the shimmer part is from Dune 3.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:35 am. :)

Anyway, it's hard to put in words really. I just notice a resemblance whenever I play with a Synapse synth. I don't say they all sound the same, I just say that I notice a certain character that they share. Oscillator sound, the envelopes (especially), and the resonance behavior.
I'd like to see this proven, some data of some sort...

Hmmm.. Interesting topic.

If the company has one main driving force, I would imagine that person's sound aesthetics would be part of the product's dna (even if subconsciously so). We all have our own prejudices of what does and doesn't sound good to us, and surely I imagine that must influence us a developer to make what they consider a good sounding product. Yes what sounds good could indeed be a wider range for one person than the other. Just even deciding what analog instrument to emulate may be part of that process.

But I think more so, what someone else mentioned already. There aren't that many sound designers as versatile as say a Howard Scarr, so a common sound designer across a line of products does indeed 'tie' the products to have a similar-ish sound.

rsp
sound sculptist

I never use presets, so, that can't be it. :)

I think the first paragraph of your post is closer to the truth.

prove it, with science, preferably in a dedicated thread, not off topic speculation in a company thread....

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:52 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:12 pm prove it, with science, preferably in a dedicated thread, not off topic speculation in a company thread....
So I should prove to you scientifically that some synths have a similar character. Hmmm... so you have any other tasks for me? Like... stop global warming, or develop a totally green energy source? ;)
no, scientifically prove your claims in another thread

same sound
same osc/filter etc
unsnappy envs

and all the other bullshit you come out with that irrelevant to

OBsession

Is it Obsession, OBsession, OBSession or OBSESSION?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:08 pm Is it Obsession, OBsession, OBSession or OBSESSION?
Anything other than "Obsession" is visually distracting to me in a very minor but slightly annoying way, like a fruit fly buzzing in one ear as it flies past. I can also accept "OBsession", since it's based on the OB-Xa, but that comes across like pointing out your own pun. I think it's better not to.

Capitalizing the first three letters has to be a sign of sloppy typing, poor eyesight, not giving a crap, or the sort of advanced trolling that's done with the hope that someone will eventually comment on it.

Don't think I need to point out why all caps is no good.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Don't think I need to point out why all caps is no good.
Richard used it on the GUI and in this thread title
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

For the record, I don't think that Obsession sounds like Legend or either sounds like Dune 3.
What I do believe though is they all sound really good, cause I believe Richard and I already have similar taste in what sounds good, and that he modeled the minimoog and OB-XA, two synths I already loved is a huge part of why I really like how they sound.

However as I also said previously, having KS do a lot of patches for each for instance, give them a commonality that other presets don't necessarily do.
rsp
sound sculptist

I think it sounds great, super lush and yes, easily brassy (!) I'm still in my honeymoon period with this synth.

Still looking forward to the HW/SW comparison video!
Last edited by revvy on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

revvy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:19 pm
Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:16 pm Don't think I need to point out why all caps is no good.
Not really relevant. It's a mere stylistic choice when displayed as a single word that isn't part of a sentence.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 pm
Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:16 pm Don't think I need to point out why all caps is no good.
Not really relevant. It's a mere stylistic choice when displayed as a single word that isn't part of a sentence.
I asked for a final word on how to write the name of the synth and you say the way the dev displayed it on the interface and the thread is 'not really relevant'? M'kay.

revvy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 pm
I asked for a final word on how to write the name of the synth and you say the way the dev displayed it on the interface and the thread is 'not really relevant'? M'kay.
Here’s how it’s written on the official website.
80047D01-4922-45A5-B6EC-76DFDC87DDB2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arashi on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchild

revvy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:08 pm Is it Obsession, OBsession, OBSession or OBSESSION?
obsession.

Return to “Instruments”