Kawai K1 as VSTi - Nils' K1v is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nils K1v

bmanic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pmIs this synth now Mac M1 ARM native? Has it always been? If so, that's absolutely AWESOME! This is an epic emulation!
Not always, but it has been for a while - a few versions back at least... check the release notes if you want to know which version added Apple silicon support...

beely wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:55 pm The R50 was pretty cool... *ducks*

(I mean, as we're throwing in requests for every piece of gear made by Kawai... ;) )
Not every piece https://www.nilsschneider.de/wp/categor ... emulation/

Nils Schneider wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:33 am
Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:10 am I did find this when I ran Archichect24:
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 10.54.00 PM.png Would that quarantine flag have anything to do with it?
Hi, this flag is harmless:

"Flag value 0081 states that the application/file is executing for the first time. This attribute is responsible for the warning that appears when you first try to open an application, saying that the application is downloaded from the internet."

I don't have an idea why the VST3 doesn't appear but I have another user reporting the same issue, is there more information in this box if you scroll down?
Sorry, Here's the whole message screen:
Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 1.03.36 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

FrettedSynth wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:47 pm Not every piece
I know Nils has done a bit of work on the K4, closely related as it is to the K1. My comment was simply a tongue in cheek request (hence the winky smiley) as people were requesting other, completely different, Kawai synths for emulation, like the K5, K3 - basically all of them etc.

I had a K1 back in the day, and an R50, and the R50 was a great, highly-capable and underrated machine.

beely wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:10 pm
FrettedSynth wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:47 pm Not every piece
I know Nils has done a bit of work on the K4, closely related as it is to the K1. My comment was simply a tongue in cheek request (hence the winky smiley) as people were requesting other, completely different, Kawai synths for emulation, like the K5, K3 - basically all of them etc.

I had a K1 back in the day, and an R50, and the R50 was a great, highly-capable and underrated machine.
Seems we have similar taste for sounds and price range. :D
I have the K1m and the R50.
I've played with the idea of sampling the R50 for use with Decent sampler.
1. I've never done something like that before so :shrug:
2. I suppose i would have to seek permission for it at Kawai.
3. Sampling an instrument is a lot of work. I am lazy. :zzz:

Saffran wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:58 pm I've played with the idea of sampling the R50 for use with Decent sampler.
If it's just for your own use, you don't need permission - sample it, and learn how to make your own instruments, it's a good thing to learn how to do.

Of course, distributing or selling the samples/instrument is a different thing, which you can't (legally) do without permission/license etc.

Sampling drum machines is about the least amount of work for making a sampled instrument - constant gain structure, no micing, no looping, no multisampling, samples are short... it's an ideal first start, honestly! :tu:

Saffran wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:58 pm I've played with the idea of sampling the R50 for use with Decent sampler.
There is a better way. Some guys have created an extractor, you can dump the sounds from the ROMs so you don't have any D/A and A/D conversion. Works for R50, R50e and R100. I tried it and it works :wink:
https://k1v.nilsschneider.de - Kawai K1 emulated as VSTi/AU
https://heatvst.com - Android Synthesizer with full VST integration
https://gpuimpulsereverb.de - Use your GPU as reverberation DSP

beely wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:36 pm
bmanic wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:48 pmIs this synth now Mac M1 ARM native? Has it always been? If so, that's absolutely AWESOME! This is an epic emulation!
Not always, but it has been for a while - a few versions back at least... check the release notes if you want to know which version added Apple silicon support...
Awesome!! There should be a logo or some very clear text on the website that says Apple ARM Native ready! :D

It's still a worth while feature to advertise. Or maybe it is there and I'm just blind? :)

Anyhow, this is awesome news as the synth is so cool!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Damn, imo theres no need for any drama or blaming all the small devs but a small warning from dev that you might lose everything you did with this synth when you reload next day would be nice , cause i really did spent like 12 hours creating patches ill probably never redo again cause it was out of inspiration when playing it first time and almost all had like 4-5 layers.IT scared me tf out.Didnt lost money but lost time and felt like someone stole my creation.I cant re-buy it for few bucks.
I dont think im owed anything or crap like that , dont feel entitled to have MY WIORKENG SYNTHZ GODDAMIT but a warning would do.
Ill try new version and ill be more cautious , not really sure how to check if all banks and sounds are saved .Maybe running another copy of daw.

bwwd wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:43 pm Damn, imo theres no need for any drama or blaming all the small devs but a small warning from dev that you might lose everything you did with this synth when you reload next day would be nice , cause i really did spent like 12 hours creating patches ill probably never redo again cause it was out of inspiration when playing it first time and almost all had like 4-5 layers.IT scared me tf out.Didnt lost money but lost time and felt like someone stole my creation.I cant re-buy it for few bucks.
I dont think im owed anything or crap like that , dont feel entitled to have MY WIORKENG SYNTHZ GODDAMIT but a warning would do.
Ill try new version and ill be more cautious , not really sure how to check if all banks and sounds are saved .Maybe running another copy of daw.
#KVR in a nutshell.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Well, i dont expect strangers to value my creations if it doesnt affect them financially so i get your stance but still a warning would be nice and its free.
And i want to say that synth is very capable with lots of things that i wanted, lots of layered sounds and you can make kinda similar patches to D-50 with 16 sounds played at once for one patch (!!!),each single has 4 sounds, and each single can be layered 8 times to create multi, i use different for high and low notes for patches but it like an arrows next to multi layers so i can go through singles more quickly.
Last edited by bwwd on Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I really do value creation on a more universal level, this would include the creation of planets, or a whole system and all the way down to a preset for an earthly (heavenly) synth. With that said, I also had the pleasure to play around with a K1m as with a D50 using my younger Vessel in another Dimension of Time, which are both very capable Machines, as you have said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoazOHcnkvI
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

The GUI for the Vst3 64bit latest version wont stay resized in FL Studio. Keeps resetting to default size when brought up. Is this a known issue?

Return to “Instruments”