MegaHertz - High Resolution Semi-Modular Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 pm Yes, good luck from me as well. Shame that people gave you such a hard time for the framework you used (lol).

As I mentioned, good thing most people don't know how many plugins are developed using JUCE. :hihi:
Thanks chk071!
From my experience, some people use synths to lay down some cool sounds, while others, use sounds (or text) to put-down some cool synths.
It's all just part of the business I guess, I try not to take things too personally.

Guy ExonicUK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:54 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:55 am I am on Cubendo on Mac and PC.
Is it only AU on mac?
rsp
VST2 and VST3 on Windows, AU on Mac.
Thanks.
Alas that rules me out.
Good luck with the product.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:16 pm
Thanks.
Alas that rules me out.
Good luck with the product.
rsp
Thanks zvenx, I'll update you if/when Mac VST becomes available.

Posted a YouTube video showing a MegaHertz Sequencer retrigger bug. Basically, even with "Retrig" mode off, the sequencers are retriggered with notes at certain beats in a bar.

Had to delete as it had my email in the GUI :o
Last edited by hesnotthemessiah on Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:14 pm Posted a YouTube video showing a MegaHertz Sequencer retrigger bug. Basically, even with "Retrig" mode off, the sequencers are retriggered with notes at certain beats in a bar.

https://youtu.be/ssxFFfE2Shk
Not a bug, also not retrigger, simply trigger :)
Retrigger relates to how the sequencer responds to legato playing.

Sorry, I don't understand :? . I have one short 1/8 note in a looping 4/4 bar being sent to MegaHertz. If I move that note to certain positions within that loop that note will then retrigger the sequencer. By retrigger I mean the sequencer is reset to step 1 whenever MegaHertz receives that note. I can't understand why the sequencer is only retriggered when the note is placed at certain points within the loop.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Happy to explain!
MegaHertz's sequencer and LFOs (when in tempo synch mode), wait for a beat before triggering in order to stay quantized.
The exact beat that MegaHertz quantizes to, depends on the rate that the sequencer or LFO is set to.
This behavior can be overridden by disabling sync.

Thanks for being patient with me on this. Had been using (and loving!! :love: ) MegaHertz quite a bit for the first few days after purchase (been away so unable to use for the last few days) and I am a bit baffled that I have never had this "problem" before. I can understand sequencers in plugins syncing to DAWS using the beat in sync mode to stay quantized. I can understand sequencers in plugins syncing to DAWS using the beat in sync mode to stay quantized and also having modes where they can be retriggered with a note on message. But I can't understand why the MegaHertz sequencer is only retriggered when a note is placed at certain points within the loop rather than being retriggering whenever it receives a note on message. This also happens when the MegaHertz sequencers are unsynced.

I'm not 100% sure that I understand the question.
You can upload a private video to YouTube if you like and send me the link by mail.
I will be happy go over this with you until you feel that you fully understand the behavior and are happy with it.

Just a quick test, if you make that single (non triggering) note longer, does the sequencer eventually trigger?
Perhaps the note is shorter than the nearest viable trigger beat.

I can see now that, when not in "Retrig" mode, the sequencer is retriggered depending on the Sequencer Rate and where the triggering notes are placed. So with Rate set to 1/8 the sequencer will be retriggered when any note is placed on a 1/8 grid point (or overlaps a 1/8 grid point). My technical musical skills are rather lacking, so please forgive my lack of correct notational terminology :help:

I don't think I have come across this type of trigger mode before. All the ones I remember either just ran in sync with the DAW and most had the option to be retriggered on any note it received. I quite like this trigger mode in MegaHertz though as it could lead to some unexpected and inspirational results :tu:

Thanks for you help Guy. :tu:

Thanks hesnotthemessiah (great name btw), glad you're enjoying MegaHertz, and I hope that it does indeed inspire you!

Had a chance to demo this and two things make it an instant no-buy. First off, the frequency of the noise burst really makes doing a demo of it unpleasant. I mean, maybe give a half hour of actual time to design a patch before you become super annoying. Second, the aftertouch doesn't seem to actually control anything as far as I can tell. If you want my money it should also respond to polyphonic aftertouch.

The sound quality was good, though I didn't feel like the filter was particularly characterful in any way. I'd like to see a few more filter models maybe... some drive or something. The UI looks like programmer art that they forgot to make lime green so the UI designer didn't forget to replace it.

In a time when an established brand like U-He is charging $99 as an intro price for their Repro bundle that's superb, you're going to have a hard time getting people to plunk down money for this, I suspect. I wanted to love it, and I really do like plugins that allow for a lot of high quality audio rate modulation, but this one seems like a beta or maybe even alpha version of something that could use some development time. Also, price it like you're the new kid in town, because you are, and build your customer base and get a lot of valuable word of mouth, then come out with a v2 a year later and maybe up the price a bit.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

$127, sale price?
Sorry but you’ve priced me out . Shame, it looks interesting too.
Good luck.

Return to “Instruments”