Komplete 13, ladies and gents

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:52 am OK- this is crazy, so based on:

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-an ... -K11U/2NUR

I already own KU12 - so if I buy the KU12 update 'again' I get a free upgrade to KU13 for 170, but if I buy the upgrade from KU12 to KU13 it costs me 360....

Do you think I need to check with NI that I can register the upgrade twice!
Should be OK, but I would suggest checking with NI first before ordering for this particular case.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 pm

I already own KU12 - so if I buy the KU12 update 'again' I get a free upgrade to KU13 for 170, but if I buy the upgrade from KU12 to KU13 it costs me 360....

Should be OK, but I would suggest checking with NI first before ordering for this particular case.
I am on hold with on line chat with them at the moment :-)
Its being forwarded to 'order support' and may create a 'dohhhh' moment....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:00 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:24 am I'm curious to hear the new cello. I will probably upgrade from K11U to 13 Collectors at the inevitable 50% off sale next year if those solo strings are sounding good.
If you can spend right now, just get the K12U CE Upgrade (from K8-11U) from Thomann. Register it before 1st October and get K13U CE for free. This is confirmed news. It's almost 50% deal and you do not need to wait too.
Where this confirmation comes from? i tried to google about it and search Native Instruments forum, apearently there is nothing said about this :)

The confirmation comes when you ask on chat support, which is live as I said. They are too busy though, so hang on.

:)

Thanks, I will do just that. Really appreciate the previous post about the hack to get it cheaper! I wasn't going to upgrade but just bought it now.

PS I confirmed with NI support as well and saved the transcript.

SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 pm

TBH, I don't think it works that way. How do you want to activate a K12 upgrade for K12?

dineshk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm Thanks, I will do just that. Really appreciate the previous post about the hack to get it cheaper! I wasn't going to upgrade but just bought it now.

Ditto ;-)

''You can not buy Komplete 12 Ultimate through our websop. If you find it at a retailer and register in September, you will get a free update to Komplete 13 Utlimate''.

I did t ask but I suspect you will be able to sell your original K12 Upgrade if you buy another!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

dineshk wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm Thanks, I will do just that. Really appreciate the previous post about the hack to get it cheaper! I wasn't going to upgrade but just bought it now.

Awesome! Now just ensure to register it as soon as you get it. :tu:

Actually, the original source for this seems to be Audio Plugin Deals group on Facebook. Then, it flowed down to VIC and then here apparently. leo007 was the first source of this information for me, so many thanks to him.

SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:24 pm I did t ask but I suspect you will be able to sell your original K12 Upgrade if you buy another!
Yes, as long as you have a base version for your latest update/upgrade. For me, K8U is the ultimate base version (pun intended), which I'll never sell. :wink:

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:23 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 pm

TBH, I don't think it works that way. How do you want to activate a K12 upgrade for K12?
It is a K12 ultimate upgrade from K11 ultimate (which was an upgrade from something else...), I will just active the new upgrade again from K11 Ultimate (so I will have paid for the K12 upgrade twice), I asked NI if I can do this from NI and they said yes.

So I have ordered 'another' K12 Ultimate upgrade from Thomann just now for £170, should (once registered) be converted to a full KU13 in October :-)
Last edited by SLiC on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm The confirmation comes when you ask on chat support, which is live as I said. They are too busy though, so hang on.

:)
Native instruments chat support ?

Fantastic thanks!!! Now Thomann seems to offer the upgrade from Komplete 2-12 to Komplete 12 Ultimate (UPG 1) for 282 € which is slightly less than 50 percent of what I would pay for 13 Ultimate. I'll really have to double check, but NI chat support has just confirmed this to me.

TVbene wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm Fantastic thanks!!! Now Thomann seems to offer the upgrade from Komplete 2-12 to Komplete 12 Ultimate (UPG 1) for 282 € which is slightly less than 50 percent of what I would pay for 13 Ultimate. I'll really have to double check, but NI chat support has just confirmed this to me.
Thomann shows that update as out of stock :(

- Mario

mabian wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:30 pm
TVbene wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm Fantastic thanks!!! Now Thomann seems to offer the upgrade from Komplete 2-12 to Komplete 12 Ultimate (UPG 1) for 282 € which is slightly less than 50 percent of what I would pay for 13 Ultimate. I'll really have to double check, but NI chat support has just confirmed this to me.
Thomann shows that update as out of stock :(

- Mario
Oh damn, in my case it seems to have worked... But maybe I just did not notice that it's sold out.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:00 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:24 am I'm curious to hear the new cello. I will probably upgrade from K11U to 13 Collectors at the inevitable 50% off sale next year if those solo strings are sounding good.
If you can spend right now, just get the K12U CE Upgrade (from K8-11U) from Thomann. Register it before 1st October and get K13U CE for free. This is confirmed news. It's almost 50% deal and you do not need to wait too.
Thomas has 12U CE for half off right now? Otherwise upgrading to 12 or 13 CE is the same price. Also what country Thomann?
Do you have a link to this?

Return to “Instruments”