Massive X (Native Instruments)
9%
Icarus2 (Tone2)
No votes

Total votes: 58

RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2 Hive 2 Massive X Serum

Let's vote! Select 2 commercial synths with the most easiest activation (copy protection system?). Let's give thanks to the synths developers who make easy to use synths!

Suggestions for synths to add for the list?
If you don't like lists/voting: you can skip this thread no need to start the negative comments thanks.

whatever uses a serial code or a key file.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

What Layzer wrote. Hate plugin managers and the like
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 pm What Layzer wrote. Hate plugin managers and the like
It's a trade-off. Nothing is more reliable than an offline serial/key file, because as long as you have a backup of the codes, you can always activate the software, even if your Internet connection or their servers are down.

A plugin manager does have advantages, though. For example, I have 26 Arturia products. Installing them is just a handful of clicks, instead of having to run 26 separate installers, click Next a dozen times for each, copy and paste a serial number 26 times etc. Same with updates, the plugin manager notifies when an update is available, and you can update all your plugins at once with the "Update All" button. No need to manually go to the developer's website, check if an update is available, download the installer, run it...

U-he is perfect. You get a serial registered to you name. You can install it on as many machines as you want as long as you are the user. License transfers allowed, even free if you owned it for more than 9 months (which puts it above Xfer). You can always check through the website, what serials are registered to your name if you lose one. I don't mind the installers either or iLok for that matter, but to me the u-he approach comes out on top.

Massive X (NI) needs the NI Center installed for it to work? Similar to Arturia?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:49 am
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 pm What Layzer wrote. Hate plugin managers and the like
It's a trade-off. Nothing is more reliable than an offline serial/key file, because as long as you have a backup of the codes, you can always activate the software, even if your Internet connection or their servers are down.

A plugin manager does have advantages, though. For example, I have 26 Arturia products. Installing them is just a handful of clicks, instead of having to run 26 separate installers, click Next a dozen times for each, copy and paste a serial number 26 times etc. Same with updates, the plugin manager notifies when an update is available, and you can update all your plugins at once with the "Update All" button. No need to manually go to the developer's website, check if an update is available, download the installer, run it...
Yes that is why i only have plugins with serial/keyfiles. Plugin Managers is just not for me :shrug:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

There is an old saying.
"A fool and their money"

Musiclab (keyfile)
Garitan (keyfile)
Harmor (keyfile) although it also installs additional programs. Which because I've learned of how iLok hijacks certain systems files, I remain suspicious of...

AAS (Serial)

After polling, I realized that NI has become not worth the trouble of its Access and removed it completely. (Just recently.)
With my personal situation I've found NI, Arturia, and R.Papen are best to use a method which allows me to "download-once-install-many". With the latter two, doing it through the account is the most consistent and easiest. NI makes you jump through hoops making us first use a farked-up system just to work around it. Absolute rubbish IMO. And I've recently observed the NI customer base has reached a new level of group think sycophantry that alerts me to the "double-bind dissonance" that can be hard to get free of once imprinted.

Return to “Instruments”