Aparillo Patches to PC/Mac and back

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

Has anyone ever tried making a patch and wanted them to use badly on their PC/Mac counterpart Aparillo? I sometimes make patches on the go or while jamming on my iPad and then want to use these patches later in my studio where I have another version of Aparillo installed. However, iCloud sync doesn't seem to work properly and trying the file-sharing option in iTunes doesn't yield any results either.

When I turn on "icloud sync" on the iPad version of Aparillo, all the user patches disappear and the icloud folders are empty. Turning the option back off makes my user patches re-appear.

Cheers!

Robert

Hi dreikelvin,

ok, please note that as soon as iCloud Drive sync is disabled your files are in iCloud Drive exclusively and are not directly accessible anymore unless you enable iCloud drive sync again. Which means if you might save a presets in Aparillo while iCloud sync is disabled the preset will be accessible from the User folder of Aparillos internal preset browser only and therefore sharing presets between other devices will only work while iCloud Drive sync is enabled. So please make sure that iCloud Drive sync is not disabled when saving your own presets. If Aparillo still does not show up your User presets, do you have enough iCloud storage? Do you have an active Internet connection on your iPad? Maybe you should try logging out of your iCloud account on your iOS device and then log back in.

BTW. There is also a share function implemeted in the user preset folder of Aparillo.

share1.jpg

Just swipe left on the file you want to share and tap Share to open the Share menu.

Best,
Nadine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey Nadine,
I recently updated to iPadOS 14 and I am not sure if that solved it but - the icloud issue is gone now!

Thanks for the tip with the sharing function. However I accidentally deleted a patch when swiping too far to the left and I can't bring the preset back :? any way to avoid this in the future? Anyways, since I can access my icloud folder from the desktop now, I can simply copy these patch files instead of using the flimsy sharing menu :P

Thank you so much!

Robert

One more thing I just noticed: where to I put my user presets so I can load them into the desktop app? Is there a specific folder I have to go to?

Found it:

/Users/[username]/Documents/Sugar Bytes/Aparillo/Presets/User

:tu:

Return to “Sugar Bytes”