RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:42 am
collider wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 am
Neon Breath wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 am
collider wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm
vskunk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm wow...i've been playing with demo all the day , the more i use it the more i love it...
buying it make sens even if you have ProQ and Volcano....
Until Volcano 3 is out... :hihi:
And if the quality of the filters will be improved. The Volcano 2 filters sound horrible, imo. :wink:
Volcano 2 filters, sounding horrible? Isn't a bit over exaggerated? Surely not perfect nor the best around these days as it starts to show its age (Volcano 2 is what, like 12 years old I think? That's quite old in the plugin realm), but still, qualifying it as horrible? Not sure.
To me they indeed sound horrible, that term might be confusing or over exaggerated for some, but that's what I'm hearing. I'm kinda extreme in a lot of things :wink: In general - I love FabFilter plugins.
Got it. All cool. Nonetheless, about time Fabfilters update their Volcano filter pluging. 12 years! :o
Horrible ? ....No extreme would be a better word , it have the One filter wich is really good (i have a ms-20 and it is very close)

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:42 am Got it. All cool. Nonetheless, about time Fabfilters update their Volcano filter pluging. 12 years! :o
Yeah indeed. Looking forward to the update :tu:

Louis Couka wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:02 am We could save the last value of the limiter (on or off) for the default preset, so the user who likes to work without don't have to disable it every time he opens the plugin.
He?... you know women are capable of operating your plugins too, right?
First time I've felt any regret having given you folks my money for this... :clap:

Anyway, +1 for band soloing and parallel options.

bethstate wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:18 pm
Louis Couka wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:02 am We could save the last value of the limiter (on or off) for the default preset, so the user who likes to work without don't have to disable it every time he opens the plugin.
First time I've felt any regret having given you folks my money for this... :clap:
The thing is that Louis probably doesn't know that in English, for gender neutral you usually use "they".
We are French :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:41 pm
The thing is that Louis probably doesn't know that in English, for gender neutral you usually use "they".
Sorry. Just seemed like they would have learned pronouns before many of the words, phrases, and fully formed sentences and paragraphs I saw them express here quite well….. I apologise if this truly was an innocent translation issue. I just see this sort of thing happen all day long on these types of forums from people who speak English as their first language. It’s frustrating enough at the best of times and is just extra upsetting when seeing it from a developer you’ve supported.

bethstate wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 pm
Sorry. Just seemed like they would have learned pronouns before many of the words, phrases, and fully formed sentences and paragraphs I saw them express here quite well….. I apologise if this truly was an innocent translation issue. I just see this sort of thing happen all day long on these types of forums from people who speak English as their first language. It’s frustrating enough at the best of times and is just extra upsetting when seeing it from a developer you’ve supported.
FWIW I hear non-native English speakers use "he" to mean "they" or "one" all the time, although that does raise the question of why languages are generally biased in that direction 😂😑but I wouldn't put that on Louis.

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and say I appreciate having you around very much and I wish there were more of a female presence and perspective in general on these forums, and my guess is most people here feel the same way. It must suck to be frequently minimized via pronoun, intentionally or not, so ya, I don't know how to fix that, but please stick around anyway because the odds of this place becoming more welcoming for everyone will decrease if you bounce.

Shade 1.0.2 is online

- Better CPU management for the UI
- Fix some factory presets
- Shortcut for duplicate filters from the tab bar
- Display window corner resizer when hover or dragging
- Handle begin/end gesture for the DAW to see parameter changes
- MSEG clear now start from default preset
- Support host automation for global parameters
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:21 pm Shade 1.0.2 is online
Does it fix the issues with Shade crashing/freezing daw's ?
More BPM please

it still crash using VST3 under Reaper 6 (last version)

dionenoid wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:37 pm
otristan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:21 pm Shade 1.0.2 is online
Does it fix the issues with Shade crashing/freezing daw's ?
No..still crashing + UI still lags like h*** when modulating 2 bands or more

the demo download still does not work
i.e.: no email sent...

To make a case for All Pass and Chebyshev filters (with a ripple variable): In combination with the already available comb filters, these could be used to create guitar cab emulations - which could then be modulated for more of a dynamic effect.

In support of previous user comments: Also noting that whilst APFs rotate phase in series; When placed in parallel - other than being able to construct custom phasers - they can be used to create various other filters.

---
When gender is unknown we traditionally use the masculine "he" form - just as we do with animals. In this way "he" is generic and not informing of gender. So the statement wasn't exclusive - it simply indicated an unknown or that the gender of the operator is not important. Another valid method might be "he/she" but I find that looks clumsy if having to be used more than once in a paragraph.

There are exceptions when it comes to structures, such as: boats, cars, buildings, etc. - where feminine form is assumed.

"They" can be used in a singular form and is generally favoured these days when addressing someone of unknown gender. However, as the gender of the plugin operator doesn't matter, generic "he" seems perfectly fine. Alternatively, "they" (plural) could be used with "users" to address all those who use the plugin.

Given these options, I would either use the plural form or traditional method (as was chosen).

bethstate wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:14 pm I apologise if this truly was an innocent translation issue.
"If"?

What's the alternative, you think it was a deliberate attack?

As you said, expert users of the language use it too. A company rep replied gracefully, what more would you expect they do? Maybe they could refund you if you ask, who knows, they seem genuine.

As for forums in general, yes, I'd imagine certain attitudes can be super tiresome, not doubting that for one moment.

Unaspected - I think only the over 50s still refer to boats as 'she' no? That's my experience anyway ;)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

and yet another feature request :-)

solo filter
with opt-click on a filter in the filter select tab i can mute/unmute a filter (aka bypass)
i'd also like to be able to solo a filter (shift-opt-click maybe ?)

I apologize if my speaking hurted you, it was not my intention. ;) No offense to women or any gender was intended, everybody is welcome there to speak about the product and related things, regardless of their gender, and any kind of intended discrimination would be totally unappropriated.
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

Return to “Effects”