Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

Ray Leece wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:00 pm I love and hate this company all the same. Can this be a thing?
yep, you can only hate that which you can also love. dichotomy is part of the fabric of the universe.
its a very soft velvety fabric.
with stars printed on it.

Hmm, Count Dracula is in the poet mode today.

Ray Leece wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:21 pm Hmm, Count Dracula is in the poet mode today.
ill assume you mean the manbat thing?
its manbat, or dr langstrom, from batman.

im not a vampyr, nor is he.
i avoid those feckers.

"With the Apple event on the 10th November, 2020 likely to announce Big Sur, their latest macOS, now is a pertinent time to talk about our instrument compatibility.

"Given this, we are working toward compatibility with future Apple silicon machines updating Minimonsta, Oddity2 and impOSCar2 with additional features and, perhaps crucially, larger user interfaces. Given the weight of change, this is likely to take a long time."

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/blog/mac ... mber-2020/

Thank you.

GForce
Always gives me a Battle of the Planets vibe

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

So who was the guy saying something new was in the pipeline ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Well, there was. They have a new website! ;)

I love this company's synths, but they're just so darn anti-climatic. it's like "hey, here's a very cool thing coming, it's so awesome, you're really love it, but hey, you have to wait another year for it, sorry".

They should keep in mind economies are worsening, people are spending their saved money on other things, Xmas upcoming, no one's gonna wait.

they may as well postpone this joint until the Pfizer vaccine is delivered and this Covid presentation is put to an end, for people to actually come back to their lives and hopefully their incomes pre-Covid (which is dicey at best).

To be fair, there was no official announcement saying that they will release new stuff. And it showed me once again what companies are like in this business: Very, very small, and product development takes years to decades.

I did get this email from them on the 9th September this year:

The health and wellbeing of our customers is of the utmost importance to us as we all experience the constantly changing impact of Covid-19. We greatly appreciate your loyalty during these unprecedented times.

In general, and due to previous lessons, we don’t discuss our future plans publicly preferring to quietly go about our business until we have something actually ready for release.

However, because of delays caused by the current pandemic we’re going to say that we’re still working tirelessly on several new and exciting projects, including brand new instruments, that we aim to complete soon. As the saying goes “The last 10% is 90% of the work” and never has that rang more true.

Additionally, our current website was built using now obsolete technology rendering the security certificate ‘out of date’. As a consequence it may appear to be unsafe but the reality is different.

For clarity, We don’t hold any payment details and all site passwords are encrypted. Even as administrators, we don’t know any of these critical, personal details. While the current website situation is a PITA, rest assured that we haven’t been idle and aim to release a new website (indicated in the image above) within a matter of weeks, as soon as we’ve finished final testing phase. Of course, we will notify you of the site launch at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

GForce

The emphasis is mine.
But indeed they never said when.
rsp
sound sculptist

Better this than rush releasing a buggy pile of crap

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

it showed me once again what companies are like in this business: Very, very small, and product development takes years to decades.
please, Audiority is one guy joint. one guy. Luca Capozzi. that's it. he's a programmer, a graphic designer, social guy, full package. and he maintains a few products at once, fixing old, developing new, and never misses a beat. it's amazing. no years, no decades, he's just repeatedly killing it machine gun style.

what this late announcement showed me is that Gforce are slowpokes. regardless if there's Apple disrupting developers' lives again, Covid pandemic, aliens invading the Earth, or simply nothing goin' on and it's just another boring day, they always take long time with everything. it's just the way it is.

I've tried a few of audiority plugins and these are not on par with other single man boutique developers like klanghelm etc...
If a one man's company releases a plugin every month or so , this either means that there is less attention to detail/ modelling or there was no modelling involved at all , quantity over accuracy
There is a reason why sometimes the wait takes sooo long , but when they deliver they do it with flying colours
Talmod , cytomic , vallhalla , klanghelm etcc all belong in the ' the wait is justified ' category
So does G-force ( which is basically one man doing the coding ) :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

I just sended g-force a mail about any new products , and yes ..one is verry close to finishing
The interesting part is the mention that's it's totally new ground ...so maybe a remake of a vintage digital synth , or effects ?
Eyeball exchanging

It's the details that are always the problem. Which filter do we emulate? Which BBD chip was used - how many buckets did it have? How fast were the attacks? Release lengths?

Get it wrong, and someone will notice.

However, once I tracked down some Sage schematics via the archive.org copy of the Bahn site it made things a lot easier.

Return to “Instruments”