Introducing the DCO-106!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Dan DCO 160 is fantastic ... I have a Juno here and you have nailed it. I also have a lot of your modular gear. The modular causes audio drop out when I am using it as a plugin...specially audio drop outs when moving the sliders /knobs or resizing the interface. The DCO 160 causes no issues. Any ideas what is happening here... I have tried updating my video card drivers , increasing buffer settings on my RME cards ... cpu has adequate headroom.

probably more fantastic than my DCO-6 from a few years ago. should i take the name as a homage? :-)
free license for meee i think?

christian f. wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 am
audiobot202 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:24 am Just for the record, no plugin or effect I have yet tried recreates the Juno chorus accurately. Most are way too clean. I have my fingers crossed that this emulation features a nice chorus section.
That's exactly what I was hoping for, but unfortunately no luck with this one.
For me, the "Juno sound" is the chorus.
Have you tried the (PITA) Roland Cloud version? DCO-106 has a very nice analog/digital hardware sound to me and a lovely GUI, but I compared the factory presets with the Roland Cloud Juno-106 (demo) and the Roland plug-in is much more full and warm sounding to me - I'm guessing more like the hardware? That being said, I hate Roland Cloud Manager - the worst authorization experience I have on any software. But I'm kind of stuck with it for D-50 and System-100. Ugh.

Hi everyone,

Today we've released an update to DCO-106, version 1.0.18 Build 40, which includes a number of improvements, both major and minor. We've improved the DCO-106's chorus effect by studying the original hardware in great detail and adjusting our chorus effect to better match its characteristics. In addition, we've made improvements to overall CPU usage, and fixed a number of small issues (listed below) that have have been reported to us and that we've discovered in our testing.

DCO-106 will update automatically the next time you run it (unless you've turned off auto-updating in the preferences), or you can update immediately by visiting the DCO-106 Download page.

Thanks for helping make DCO-106 a major success!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

1.0.18 changes:
  • Plug-in now remembers last-used scaling
  • Plug-in now remembers last-used MIDI mappings. This can be disabled in the preferences
  • Fixed Pro Tools & Logic crash with mono tracks
  • Reverb & delay are flushed when the plug-in is reset, and synced LFO & Arpeggiator are reset
  • Only auto-launching installer updates (if preference is set) if interface has been shown
  • Fixed preset code to better handle presets names with illegal file characters (such as /?*)
  • Fixed channel pressure MIDI mapping
  • Fixed bug that could show duplicate preset collections with same name
  • Fixed rare automation bug during mix down
Build 40 changes:
  • Improved chorus effect in multiple small ways to match the original Juno chorus, including not disrupting lower frequencies
  • Fixed manual entering of Arpeggiator rate slider value
  • Square wave LFO is now unipolar
  • LFO + Mod Wheel gain was too high
  • LFO Delay is now hooked up to the VCA LFO
  • LFO and Arpeggiator Rate Sliders now work in "reverse" order when Sync button is on in these sections, mirroring the slider behavior when Sync is off
  • "VCO" changed to "DCO" in the Bender section
  • Slider cap art improved to more accurately reflect original hardware

Wow! That's quite speedy. Thanks a lot, @cherryDan. Well done and keep it up! Looking forward to more releases. :tu:

On the screenshot on your site the slider caps are a bit difficult to notice as there is no shadow. One tends to confuse the white marker on the caps with the scale lines.
Also, judging from Google Image Search, the hardware panel seemed to be more gray than black, so the black slider caps were easier to discern.

The Juno 60 caps with their uninterrupted white markers were even easier on the eye.

Can one set the Number of Voices to 1?

e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 pm Can one set the Number of Voices to 1?
Click the MONO button and the number of voices automatically switches to 1.

Reefius wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:28 pm
e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 pm Can one set the Number of Voices to 1?
Click the MONO button and the number of voices automatically switches to 1.
Of course, but usually I don't like the mono mode, because I want retriggering. In Sylenth1 that is achieved by setting polyphony to 1 instead of selecting mono mode.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:42 pm Of course, but usually I don't like the mono mode, because I want retriggering. In Sylenth1 that is achieved by setting polyphony to 1 instead of selecting mono mode.
In the DCO-106, mono mode does retrigger.

Thanks!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:03 pm
e-crooner wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:42 pm Of course, but usually I don't like the mono mode, because I want retriggering. In Sylenth1 that is achieved by setting polyphony to 1 instead of selecting mono mode.
In the DCO-106, mono mode does retrigger.

Thanks!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
I see, and how do you select the normal legato mono mode?

Is there an FX version or a chance of making the chorus effect a standalone? Would be interesting to compare this to TAL chorus and would certainly add value to the purchase if not already possible.

November 1st, 2020 - Cherry Audio's next big thing is on its way..

https://youtu.be/in2Ar0jxdE8

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 am November 1st, 2020 - Cherry Audio's next big thing is on its way..

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
I'm guessing you're breaking off the Arp portion from the voltage modules next? I'm curious if it will be a full 3 osc 2600...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:57 am
cherryDan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 am November 1st, 2020 - Cherry Audio's next big thing is on its way..

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
I'm guessing you're breaking off the Arp portion from the voltage modules next? I'm curious if it will be a full 3 osc 2600...
That would be very cool.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Cherry Audio”