How do activate tremolo on the Shreddage 3 Abyss Bass?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

It's super important I have access to tremolo for the Abyss bass. How do I make it work?

Thanks

I don't see a tremolo in there anywhere. There are some cool rotator and phasers in the console, though. Maybe you can fake it without having to find another plugin somewhere.

AC Box effect has a tremolo built in.

WinterEmerald wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:41 pm Hello,

It's super important I have access to tremolo for the Abyss bass. How do I make it work?

Thanks
Short answer is... you don't.
Abyss has no "Tremolo" but like EvilDragon and Garguanturod said, you can "emulate" it.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 pm AC Box effect has a tremolo built in.
How do I activate this? Thanks.

Seems silly there's a tremolo area on the instrument yet no actual tremolo.

AC Box is loaded in Console tab.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:42 pm AC Box is loaded in Console tab.
Thanks. Do you know of any bass VIs that have a tremolo option?

You know you can load any freely available tremolo effect after Kontakt on the track in your DAW? Your DAW may even come with one bundled.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:50 pm You know you can load any freely available tremolo effect after Kontakt on the track in your DAW? Your DAW may even come with one bundled.
Yes but I'm talking about recorded tremolo samples, which will always sound fairly different.

Since tremolo is an amp/peddle effect, why would anyone sample it?
Or do you really mean vibrato?

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:52 pm Since tremolo is an amp/peddle effect, why would anyone sample it?
Or do you really mean vibrato?
No, I mean tremolo picking. Perhaps I should've been clearer in my post.

Oh! Yes, you should have been clearer. Tremolo picking is not sampled for Abyss (also it's fingered bass, not picked). You'd just need to play it note for note as if it were tremolo picked (or enter notes in piano roll).

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 pm Oh! Yes, you should have been clearer. Tremolo picking is not sampled for Abyss (also it's fingered bass, not picked). You'd just need to play it note for note as if it were tremolo picked (or enter notes in piano roll).
Sorry about that, you guys must've been wondering what the hell I was smoking to struggle using a tremolo effect haha! I knew it was fingered but I hoped they would still have some alternate picking options instead of playing each note if you get me. With that being said, do you know of any bass VIs that have sampled tremolo picking? Though at this point I'm probably just going to buy a bass.

Abyss does have picking modes, if you set it to "Alternate" it automatically swaps between first and second finger on consecutive notes played.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am Abyss does have picking modes, if you set it to "Alternate" it automatically swaps between first and second finger on consecutive notes played.
Hmmm I only have fingered as an option. I'm on the full patch too. It's odd because the manual for it shows that it has more options...

Return to “Impact Soundworks”