Will Tyrell ever get updates with newer features common to other u-he synths?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think Tyrell is very unique sound wise among the u-he synths. I’m wondering if it will ever be brought in line with the other synths in terms of things like multichannel midi, stable VST3, newer browser, NKS and all those goodies that the others received. I think it would be worth an upgrade fee for the development costs.

Bump in case it got missed. Just curious if Tyrell is developed as far as it will go.

I'm sure it would be hard to fit in any maintenance of a free synth when you probably have plenty on your plates, but one can hope.

Probably not, Amazona backed out of that project.

Oh, I thought I replied to this, but apparently have not :oops:

There are a few complicated dilemmas about how to proceed. TN6 might need some serious TLC to be on par with our current lineup. We feel however we need to get more brand exposure from it in return than there is under the current arrangements, or even indeed some kind of fee for a "pro version". That means, we have to come up with a plan, but everyone is so busy with other things, we haven't had any chance to bring it up.
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:40 pm Probably not, Amazona backed out of that project.
They cancelled their Babylon project with Axel Hartmann and Peter Gorges... we'd be happy to reclaim TN6 if they wanted to get rid of it, but I don't think they do.

Well I for one think that a "Pro" version would be well worth a fee. It is such a nice design and sound. Straight forward single page layout but so many sonic possibilities. And a distinctly different character than your other VAs.

Urs wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:47 pmThere are a few complicated dilemmas about how to proceed. TN6 might need some serious TLC to be on par with our current lineup. We feel however we need to get more brand exposure from it in return than there is under the current arrangements...
Honestly? Without Tyrell existing, I would have no idea that Amazona exists at all. I visit that web only when I'd like to install Tyrell on friends computers to teach them a bit of synthesis. They are lucky you even bother to keep the gentleman's agreement. If you've mixed up the gui a little, added a feature or two and released it with a different name as a freebie on your own, you would gain even more brand exposure as every blog would be excited to report that the maker of Diva is giving away a free synth. Obviously I don't know the other side of the deal, but it feels to me like they really should listen to what you have to say.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Yeah, you know, it's complicated. I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

Thing is, it was originally supposed to be a payware project. But then some people in the original Amazona project became weary about me profiting from their work (which was not even contributed - against the agreement - and thus not used by me). To calm things down, I suggested to make it freeware. Because it became popular, they later on insisted on the right to distribute. And thus, it slipped away...

Urs wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:50 pm Yeah, you know, it's complicated. I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

Thing is, it was originally supposed to be a payware project. But then some people in the original Amazona project became weary about me profiting from their work (which was not even contributed - against the agreement - and thus not used by me). To calm things down, I suggested to make it freeware. Because it became popular, they later on insisted on the right to distribute. And thus, it slipped away...
Well, you can add some features, update the UI and change the name... voila! A new freeware synth is born. 😉
Win 11 | Linnstrument | Bitwig | MOTU Digital Performer | Kurzweil K2000R | Roland JV-1080 | Roland JV-2080 | Roland GR-50 | Doepfer Dark Energy | Xfer Serum | UVI Falcon | u-he | iZotope | Arturia | Synapse Audio

hariossa wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:15 pm
Urs wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:50 pm Yeah, you know, it's complicated. I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

Well, you can add some features, update the UI and change the name... voila! A new freeware synth is born. 😉
Yeah, maybe in the longer term, that's one solution. Or build it into Diva. "Now with Tyrell filters, envelope, and osc's."

U-he Tyrell is at Nexus 6, so Tyrell N7 (or Rachel :love: ) would be the next iteration with repro-ductive capabilities which could evolve into a Tyrell N8. One can only hope... :hyper:

Can we all agree that Tyrell Jared Leto Edition sounds awful? :P

...though I did quite like the movie (minus that one casting choice).

How would people feel if we had a low cost "pro version" with a few extra features to refinance the future TLC of Tyrell N6?

(We talked to Amazona about this and they're generally okay with this idea - and with us hosting it ourselves. Looks like we're opening a pathway that allows us to continue development... maybe as soon as next year)

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:02 pm How would people feel if we had a low cost "pro version" with a few extra features to refinance the future TLC of Tyrell N6?
If by extra features you mean multichannel support it would be awesome ...and an extra HPF.
Win 11 | Linnstrument | Bitwig | MOTU Digital Performer | Kurzweil K2000R | Roland JV-1080 | Roland JV-2080 | Roland GR-50 | Doepfer Dark Energy | Xfer Serum | UVI Falcon | u-he | iZotope | Arturia | Synapse Audio

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:02 pm How would people feel if we had a low cost "pro version" with a few extra features to refinance the future TLC of Tyrell N6?

(We talked to Amazona about this and they're generally okay with this idea - and with us hosting it ourselves. Looks like we're opening a pathway that allows us to continue development... maybe as soon as next year)
Great idea.

hariossa wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:08 pm
If by extra features you mean multichannel support it would be awesome ...and an extra HPF.
Yeah, MPE and stuff. More voices. Multicore support. Little things.

Return to “u-he”