RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:36 am While I don't recommend to hide the phrase background, you can do so.
The background is useful especially for selections, as it changes to blue. You can change the color and transparency of the background in the color settings ("Phrase selection active").
"Phrase selected note" is the color for selected notes, however (and this will be improved shortly) the shading based on velocity is also applied on the selected color.
Hi.

It seems I still don't understand this subject.

With this color setup re: phrases

RC - Phrase Colors 02.jpg

I never see that Red color at the top.

You mention "hide the phrase background", but a search on "hide" in Settings -> User Interface turns up nothing.

If I have taken action to hide something, I am unaware of it and don't know how to unhide it.

I'd appreciate a bit more detail so that I can become aware of what I don't currently understand.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It may be because you have that one with the transparency to low. You can hide the background by setting the transparency really high.

If the transparency is to low, you would never see the selection.

BluGenes wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:03 pm It may be because you have that one with the transparency to low. You can hide the background by setting the transparency really high.

If the transparency is to low, you would never see the selection.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's it. All the transparency settings for the colors shown were somewhere in the middle.

Even when I invoke a new theme, say 'Dark with Orange', after I restart selecting a phrase does not highlight the phrase's background at all (only the notes).

It is as-if I had a setting "Highlight Selected Phrase Background: On/Off" and had it set to Off.

Yet I see no such setting. Is there one? If so, what is it called, as neither searching on "phrase" nor searching on "background" nor searching on "selected" shows me any choice that reads like a candidate for that.

I apologize if I'm perhaps blind to what others might see as obvious!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding completely. From the beginning ...

Q. Is the the background color of a selected phrase supposed to (or is allowed to) to differ from the background color of the unselected phrases?

If so, could I please see a picture of both where such setting is made and the results of making it?

Thanks.

Yes, there is such setting, with a clumsy name "phrase shading". Look for this setting under New Track:

This is a default setting. Each track has an individual setting in the menu:

You have to enable this in order to see the phrase background changing for selection.

Thanks!

RC -Track Backgrounds 01.jpg
RC -Track Backgrounds 02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great, I am happy we could fix it! :tu:

RapidComposer v4.8b6 is available!

:!: This is going to be the last beta version that is compatible with v4.x. From now v5.0 features and big internal changes will be worked on, of which some will not be backwards compatible with v4. I'll do my best to support importing v4 compositions, just like I did with the v3 -> v4 transition.

Improvements:
  • Automatically select notes beginning/ending at the same position, or having the same pitch in the Phrase Editor
  • The right edge of phrases is highlighted when hovering with the mouse
  • The left edge of phrases cannot be resized anymore (actually 'mask beginning' was done)
  • The setting "Move playback position for click on the workspace" is enforced in the Phrase Editor
Happy Independence Day in the US!

And maybe in version 5 at least some of the plugin formats will work in DP )))

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm :!: This is going to be the last beta version that is compatible with v4.x.
Ok, but not sure what this means afterwards, when v4.8 is officially released.? There will be no more maintenance of the v4.x.x line - all effort/bug fixes will go into new betas for v5.0 before its release..? All good; just curious, that's all... :tu:

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm [*]The left edge of phrases cannot be resized anymore (actually 'mask beginning' was done)
Can you explain a little more please.? are you removing this ability entirely.?

thebutler - Bob

(PS:- been having slight instability with Fyler v1.0.9 you sent me - if it persists, will write separately when I get a moment)
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm

Automatically select notes beginning/ending at the same position, or having the same pitch in the Phrase Editor
How does this work? It should be a something click, like shift-click, ctrl click etc..

Also, the work space click to move play head setting now works, but, you have to exit RC and restart to have it go into effect, as opposed to the composition work space (you don't have to exit).

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm RapidComposer v4.8b6 is available!
Is anyone else having problems downloading the Windows version of the latest RC beta from within Windows 11?

"Couldn't download - Virus detected"

I don't believe I have ever before had this issue when downloading the RC beta.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:36 am
musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:08 pm RapidComposer v4.8b6 is available!
Is anyone else having problems downloading the Windows version of the latest RC beta from within Windows 11?

"Couldn't download - Virus detected"

I don't believe I have ever before had this issue when downloading the RC beta.
Strange, here only the usual "not commonly downloaded" message is displayed:

I use Windows 11 with all protection enabled.
I will report this Microsoft. They usually remove this warning in 2-3 days.
VirusTotal does not report any issues:

But please do not install that. Instead enter the direct download URL.

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:18 pm And maybe in version 5 at least some of the plugin formats will work in DP )))
Some hacking will be needed, because DP is the only DAW that provides an NSView to the plug-in which is not part of any window. RC needs a window to attach to, due to the hardware acceleration. But I think I fixed the AU plug-in, does not it work well?

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”