Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 am
Aloysius wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:25 am How many years on average does it take to download the Suite content? Is it possible to get done before the release of Live 12?
Oh come on, took me 2 hours through LTE. That's not the end of the world.
All 80-something gigs? :o
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:36 am
DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:29 am
Aloysius wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:25 am How many years on average does it take to download the Suite content? Is it possible to get done before the release of Live 12?
Oh come on, took me 2 hours through LTE. That's not the end of the world.
All 80-something gigs? :o
Only new packs for 11 - that's more like 8 GB :hihi:

Spitfire libraries are tiny compared to Kontakt stuff or similiar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

That's what Thomann answered to my question about Ableton 10 standard to 11 standard upgrade:
"thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, Ableton has discontinued to ship some upgrades to retail shops, so we currently won't receive any Standard 10 to Standard 11 upgrades anymore."

Sad!

Josephhh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:59 am Anyone else seeing something like a threefold CPU increase from live 10?
Ok after some comparisons with Live 10 I concur with the people. It also loads quicker and is more responsive . :tu:

Anyone else have problems uninstalling the 11 beta? I get some sort of user account error and it wont uninstall (I want my 5 gigs back!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:49 pm Anyone else have problems uninstalling the 11 beta? I get some sort of user account error and it wont uninstall (I want my 5 gigs back!)
Maybe check your account, see if there's anything reg/serial related. I assume you got an email with the beta serial number, yeah?

OzoneJunkie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:09 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:49 pm Anyone else have problems uninstalling the 11 beta? I get some sort of user account error and it wont uninstall (I want my 5 gigs back!)
Maybe check your account, see if there's anything reg/serial related. I assume you got an email with the beta serial number, yeah?
Yeh, My 11 'full' installed and registered no issues, just weird not uninstalling the beta, maybe I will try a 3rd party uninstaller, not the Ableton one.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

kjkjklj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The beta is not ended, it will continue for bug fixes and new updates.

I just uninstalled Live 10 to make space :wink:

Reefius wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:54 pm
The beta is not ended, it will continue for bug fixes and new updates.

I just uninstalled Live 10 to make space :wink:
Thanks- I will leave it well alone then! :tu:

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:17 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:09 pm
Yeh, My 11 'full' installed and registered no issues, just weird not uninstalling the beta, maybe I will try a 3rd party uninstaller, not the Ableton one.
oh man, I'm an idiot :dog: Thought you wrote "install" not uninstall... sorry I was.... unhelpful :lol:

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 am 11 is probably the most stable new version of Live I have come across (since 4), it was a long beta, I never had an issue. I’m not sure tempo match is broken, just very limited, it can follow a simple drum, not so good on anything else!
I can't get it to follow anything. IMO you really can't call something stable if it's new features are broken. :shrug:

I'm OK waiting until the next 25% off sale in late 2021. Like I said, the main thing that keeps me from Live is the mouse based workflow. Ableton's lack of universal keyboard shortcuts compared to it's competition makes learning it easy, and using it after 15+ like I have, annoying.

Kinh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 am Not all m4l devices are showing in 'audio effects', only a few of em. Is anyone else getting this?
Yes the same here. For example Envelope disappeared. Will check next what else.

UPD envelope found, now its as MIDI Envelope
Last edited by c_voltage on Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:02 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 am 11 is probably the most stable new version of Live I have come across (since 4), it was a long beta, I never had an issue. I’m not sure tempo match is broken, just very limited, it can follow a simple drum, not so good on anything else!
I can't get it to follow anything. IMO you really can't call something stable if it's new features are broken. :shrug:

I'm OK waiting until the next 25% off sale in late 2021. Like I said, the main thing that keeps me from Live is the mouse based workflow. Ableton's lack of universal keyboard shortcuts compared to it's competition makes learning it easy, and using it after 15+ like I have, annoying.
I didn't upgrade to Live 10 until 10.1 (I had more interest in the .1 features than the headline features of 10!) and during a 33% off sale...

I was disappointed in tempo match, I was hoping to play my wonky guitar in and have the drums and bass follow me, but that technology hasn't been invented yet :borg: :wink:

c_voltage wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:04 pm
Kinh wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 am Not all m4l devices are showing in 'audio effects', only a few of em. Is anyone else getting this?
Yes the same here. For example Envelope disappeared. Will check next what else.

UPD envelope found, now its as MIDI Envelope
That's because it's triggered by MIDI, hence it's in MIDI effects.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”