Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

I've been quietly grouping whatever new plugin I get to incorporate in to my neatly customized hierarchy of folders in the live library since 2006,before more improvements were made to make it even easier to organize everything

I don't understand how anybody manages to overlook that potential for years
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Just wish there was an option to hide file extensions... tried inserting a bunch of spaces after the file name, just for the browser to truncate just the name but keep the extension visible. :lol:
So I just put 2 spaces after each file name to push the extension a bit to the side. Not ideal, but it works
Last edited by sQeetz on Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

[edit/quote error]
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:21 pm
sQeetz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:42 pm Had it, sold it.... the lack of proper Plugin management was enough for me to ditch it. I don't understand how such an evolved DAW doesn't have any kind of Plugin management?
And got it again. :lol:

Found out a way to neatly manage all plugins the way I like :)

In the User Library I created a folder simply named Plugins and within more folders corresponding the hierarchy I'm used to for years.

User Library.png

Now I loaded every single plugin, saved it (little disc icon) and moved it to the corresponding folder. Took some time, but, well....

Now I named one Collection Instruments, the other one Effects and favorited the categories into them.

Instruments.png

Effects.png

Nice & tidy... 8) :)
Brilliant!

The downside of that, is that .aupreset files don't show up in Push 2 outside of the Plug-Ing Category... tried moving the files around, but no dice...
Had to redo the whole thing with the plugin embedded in a instrument rack (.adg)
For the percussion ones like Addicted Drums I used drum rack (there is a neat trick involving chain lists in order to be able assign pads and colors to Push 2... pretty nifty)
After hours of setup, I guess I'm ready to dive into Live............ what a weird ride :lol:

radiohd97 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:39 am Hi everybody!
Lately I have seen that several packs have been discontinued on the Ableton website. Some of them are sound packs. Do you have experience of having problems with them?
I’ve had this. I had bought them at the time or they were part of Suite in that version. They still show up as available in my account and available for download in Live itself. Personally I’ve not noticed any problems (yet) but I suppose they’ll become out of date or incompatible with Max at some point?

Now that was tedious... I bet, that now I got Ableton lIve 11 and A Push 2, a Push 3 will be announced and Live 12 will be a paid udpade within the next few weeks .... s**t

My main reason getting back to Live isn't for Live itself. Push was it and I'm (kinda) liking it so far

(blacklight) wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:16 am
radiohd97 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:39 am Hi everybody!
Lately I have seen that several packs have been discontinued on the Ableton website. Some of them are sound packs. Do you have experience of having problems with them?
I’ve had this. I had bought them at the time or they were part of Suite in that version. They still show up as available in my account and available for download in Live itself. Personally I’ve not noticed any problems (yet) but I suppose they’ll become out of date or incompatible with Max at some point?
Yes. I also thought it would be due to compatibility problems with the new versions of Max. But they also appear as discontinued packs like Session Drums Multimic.

The packs will keep working because Live keeps backwards compatibility of files/presets, the old effects and instruments are still there and recalled when you open old packs.

I think the discontinued ones are not being updated to use the newer features and not sold anymore.
dedication to flying

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”