Maize Sampler v2.7 Bugs on Windows

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just spent a few hours testing a VST3 plugin made with Maize Sampler v2.7 and found bugs that are not in the previous version. Here's what I've found so far:

Ableton Live 10: If you have many Maize made plugins, it will always load the first in the list no matter which one you choose. For example, you could try to load the second one on the list and it will load the first one instead.
Reaper v6.15: ADSR not saved with projects.
ACID Pro 8-10: When a project is loaded, the Maize made plugin will be replaced by another Maize made plugin. You'll have the right UI, but the parameters/sounds and plugin name will be changed to another random Maize made plugin. Quite weird!
Waveform: ADSR not saved with projects.
FL Studio 20: ADSR not saved with projects.
Mixcraft 9: ADSR not saved with projects.

I've contacted Maize Sampler's developer about the problems and hopefully, he will fix them.

So for the moment, I stick to v2.59 as it's the most reliable version. It's only buggy in the latest version of Reaper (all the parameters are not saved with projects). Works fine with previous versions of Reaper though so I assume it's a bug with Reaper in this case.

I have never tried version 2.7.0, I am still in v2.5.8, the plugins exported with v2.5.9 do not work in Live 10 [Catalina]

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:00 pm I have never tried version 2.7.0, I am still in v2.5.8, the plugins exported with v2.5.9 do not work in Live 10 [Catalina]
I didn't know that! I'm going to use v2.5.8 then. Thank you! :tu:

By the way, the plugins exported with 2.5.9 don't work on Live 10 on Windows too.

SampleScience wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:17 pm By the way, the plugins exported with 2.5.9 don't work on Live 10 on Windows too.
Thanks SampleScience, let's see if we have news from Gorilla Engine soon :?:

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:18 pm
SampleScience wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:17 pm By the way, the plugins exported with 2.5.9 don't work on Live 10 on Windows too.
I've been searching for a Maize Sampler alternative non-stop and even Hise Sampler's developer has trouble with Catalina:
So after my naive approach of notarizing failed with a really nice descriptive error message called "package invalid" after being irresponsive for 10 minutes while the upload was in progress (by a process called Java. JAVA!!!!) my inner peace and patience acquired over the weekend is already gone.
Source: https://forum.hise.audio/topic/3247/not ... -dummies/4

I was hoping he would find a solution, but only his users seem to have found a way to notarize.

Anyway, I hope the Gorilla Engine will be released soon so I can give it a try. At this point, I don't know what to do anymore. :shrug:

SampleScience wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 pm
BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:18 pm
I've been searching for a Maize Sampler alternative non-stop and even Hise Sampler's developer has trouble with Catalina:
So after my naive approach of notarizing failed with a really nice descriptive error message called "package invalid" after being irresponsive for 10 minutes while the upload was in progress (by a process called Java. JAVA!!!!) my inner peace and patience acquired over the weekend is already gone.
Source: https://forum.hise.audio/topic/3247/not ... -dummies/4

I was hoping he would find a solution, but only his users seem to have found a way to notarize.

Anyway, I hope the Gorilla Engine will be released soon so I can give it a try. At this point, I don't know what to do anymore. :shrug:
Mac is just a huge mess right now, almost everyone I know that was faithfully running mac has switched back to windows due to plugin issues, many of them devs, have just completely stopped making plugins for Mac period.

Still waiting for Gorilla Engine myself, appears big name companies get first dibs.

Does anyone know if plugins made with v2.58 are compatible with Windows 7?

I guess it's compatible with Windows 8 too.

Plugworx wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:20 pm many of them devs, have just completely stopped making plugins for Mac period.
Which ones would that be please?
Confucamus.

SampleScience wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:46 pm Does anyone know if plugins made with v2.58 are compatible with Windows 7?

A few days ago I installed a windows 7 on an old laptop, installed FL Studio 20, Reaper and Ableton Live 10, tried some of my plugins created with Maize 2.5.8 and they all worked. For now I have not updated the requirements until I do some more in-depth tests.

BeatMaker_xyz wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:23 am
SampleScience wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:46 pm Does anyone know if plugins made with v2.58 are compatible with Windows 7?

A few days ago I installed a windows 7 on an old laptop, installed FL Studio 20, Reaper and Ableton Live 10, tried some of my plugins created with Maize 2.5.8 and they all worked. For now I have not updated the requirements until I do some more in-depth tests.
Thank you for the information! :tu:

Like you, I think it's better not to take chances and do more tests.

I discovered a new bug on Windows 10. If you install the latest Windows 10 update, open Maize Sampler, and click on a text label it will crash instantly. I have a laptop that is not updated, and this bug doesn't happen on it.

The bug happens on the older versions of Maize Sampler too.

However, the plugins exported with Maize Sampler on Windows 10 are fully functional. You can click on a text label on the exported plugin and it won't crash, it will function as it's supposed to.

If you can, I recommend not updating Windows 10 otherwise you'll be f*cked. Thank god I have 10 computers! lol

SampleScience wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:23 pm I discovered a new bug on Windows 10. If you install the latest Windows 10 update, open Maize Sampler, and click on a text label it will crash instantly. I have a laptop that is not updated, and this bug doesn't happen on it.

The bug happens on the older versions of Maize Sampler too.

However, the plugins exported with Maize Sampler on Windows 10 are fully functional. You can click on a text label on the exported plugin and it won't crash, it will function as it's supposed to.

If you can, I recommend not updating Windows 10 otherwise you'll be f*cked. Thank god I have 10 computers! lol
Text label crashes Maize Sampler program or the exported plugin ?

Just the Maize Sampler program, not the exported plugin.

The vst3 plugins created with the Maize sampler version 2.7.0 are not recognized in my studio one 3, i use windows 7 ... i don't understand why ... i informed Mr Xiang about this ... i had to go back to version 2.5.9 that works ok.

Return to “Maizesoft”