Augustus Loop issue

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I spoke too soon. After 15 minutes without touching it or so the speed of the loop glitches and garbles the loop. I have no stability issues with this or the other system at all -- just this issue with AL.

Trying several times I also notice AL losing track of the loop end point over time (>5min) it slowly goes out of phase with itself and introduces a click in the loop. Left for long enough it gets totally garbled. So frustrated.

If it is the host and I have everything has to do with sync disabled, what would cause these glitches and pitch warps and phase issues?

OK, so this appears to be specific to Bitwig. Have you contacted them for ideas?

I have opened a ticket and taken it to discord. No one has any similar experiences save one person that says that Melodyne can occasionally come unstuck from host sync, which doesn't feel related as I'm not syncing to host at all.

Again -- specific to BW, sure, but the plugin in running well and then drops some or all of its buffer or loses track of the loop point slowly over time. How could the host cause AL to drop part of its buffer?

I have some more information.

I use AL in a Bitwig Delay-1 devices feedback loop. The way that I use it is to have the Delay-1 device manage the feedback and I run AL as a 100% wet, 0% feedback tap tempo delay buffer. This way I can put things into the feedback loop.

This config doesn't seem to cause/not cause the issue, BUT, when I run AL "normally" meaning using the internal feedback loop I see what is happening.

So, running the same tests as above with AL running with internal feedback I hear two different kinds of artifacts about once every 3-5 minutes: either a drop out of audio lasting about 200ms or a warble in the speed of playback. However, these artifacts do not alter the buffer: the next time through there is no drop out or warble. But running AL the way that I do for my work, where the feedback is external to the plugin, the dropout or warble comes back to the plugin and corrupts the buffer and is repeated.

So the issue isn't that the plugin corrupts the buffer, but that there are at least two kinds of glitches happening on playback: dropouts and pitch warbles. Don't know if this helps at all.

Interestingly hosting AL in Bluecat's patchbay doesn't resolve the issue but hosting it in PluginGuru's Unity does. Unity does not pass the host sync through to the hosted plugins but has its own transport and Bluecat passes this through -- i do wonder if the host sync is somehow the issue. I will put all this to Bitwig and maybe they will resolve it. Super frustrating. AL is the only tool that is essential to my work out of all my software!

Thanks for the update. How does this relate though to the situation in your earlier video where the loop was completely wiped after a few seconds? That seems very different to a warble every 3-5 minutes.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”