Diva with Rosetta2 on Apple M1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pierb wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:20 pm I tested my Ryzen 3700X with Diva when I got it a couple of years ago. I got 32 instances with 128 samples of buffer at 48Khz.

I was playing a single note of the the HS Amped Forces preset, not the BS Deep Space. I also had multicore disabled as it gave me better results.
That's interesting. I noticed HS Amped Forces causes the same amount of "DSP load" (as reported in Carla) with a single note as BS Deep Space does with 6 notes. I notice a decrease in DSP load when I enable multicore for both HS Amped Forces and BS Deep Space, so I'm surprised you'd have better results with multicore off? Maybe with that many instances, multicore off is better (I just tried with one instance). Some patches I need multicore on though, like Bryan Lake's ATMOS Frozen Tears (one of the best ambient patches ever, I might add, found in the Diva Third Eye soundset), holding a few chords on that one quickly produces XRUNs even with a single instance with multicore off.

lem18 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 am That's interesting. I noticed HS Amped Forces causes the same amount of "DSP load" (as reported in Carla) with a single note as BS Deep Space does with 6 notes. I notice a decrease in DSP load when I enable multicore for both HS Amped Forces and BS Deep Space, so I'm surprised you'd have better results with multicore off? Maybe with that many instances, multicore off is better (I just tried with one instance). Some patches I need multicore on though, like Bryan Lake's ATMOS Frozen Tears (one of the best ambient patches ever, I might add, found in the Diva Third Eye soundset), holding a few chords on that one quickly produces XRUNs even with a single instance with multicore off.
Yeah the HS Amped Forces stacks multiple voices and uses 2 effects which is why it's so expensive.

About multicore, who knows. I did those tests in late 2019. Maybe the issue is the latency between core groups of the 3700X.

cerealbox760 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:19 am
On the 2020 M1 MBP, 20 instances with 120 voices ran glitch-free.
I have an i9-10920x: 12 cores 24 Threads.

On the i9-10920x, 16 instances with 96 voices glitch-free. Multicore enabled. BS Deep Space 6 chord notes. wtf intel. Or am I doing something wrong?

Regardless, it looks like music production doesn't get any more portable than the M1 but I not sure I want to switch out of windows. I nearly bought a $3000 Clevo intel notebook before this thread but now I may just get the m1.
Disable multicore. Your DAW will manage the distribution.

Yay, everyone can try for themselves now:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=563131

---wrong thread---

Return to “u-he”