Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

I have GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER, following are my full specs.

Analog Lab intro
I got it when I registered Analog Lab Lite

Code: Select all

[Display]
Operating System:	Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version:	12.0 
GPU processor:		GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Driver version:		452.06
Driver Type:		DCH
Direct3D API version:	12
Direct3D feature level:	12_1
CUDA Cores:		1408 
Core clock:		1830 MHz 
Memory data rate:	14.00 Gbps
Memory interface:	192-bit 
Memory bandwidth:	336.05 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:	38880 MB
Dedicated video memory:	6144 MB GDDR6
System video memory:	0 MB
Shared system memory:	32736 MB
Video BIOS version:	90.16.48.00.A3
IRQ:			Not used
Bus:			PCI Express x16 Gen3

[Components]
nvui.dll		8.17.14.5206		NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll		8.17.14.5206		NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll		8.17.14.5206		NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll		8.17.14.5206		NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL		8.17.14.5206		NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll		8.1.940.0		NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe		8.1.940.0		NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Video Server
nvLicensingS.dll		6.14.14.5206		NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvDevToolSR.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Licensing Server
nvDevToolS.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvDispSR.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Display Server
nvDispS.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX		09.19.0218		NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA64.DLL		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA CUDA 11.0.228 driver
nvGameSR.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll		27.21.14.5206		NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Processor	AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Installed RAM	64,0 GB
Edition	Windows 10 Pro
Version	20H2
OS build	19042.746
Experience	Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

tonedef71 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:53 am
DanielPL wrote: Analog Lab V starts fast, however it's an intro version only.
What's an intro version, and how did you acquire it?
Its the intro for the complete V collection. You can buy it or get it bundled with some hardware...
Its great for preset junkies who rarely turn a knob...

telecode wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:38 am
DanielPL wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:28 pm DWM (desktop windows manager) offloads much work to GPU. You might get it fixed by just updating GPU drivers.
In my system Analog Lab V starts fast, however it's an intro version only.
whats the video card you are using?
It is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. I updated to the latest NVidia GeForce drivers, but that did not seem to make a difference. AL5 is still absent for between 11 and 15 seconds before the UI appears; after it appears, it is still about a minute or so before it is truly ready for use (i.e. does not become unresponsive for stretches of time when you try to interact with the UI). Sometimes I wonder if files are being installed on demand, when presets are accessed for the first time. :shrug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 am
DanielPL wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 am
tonedef71 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:53 am
DanielPL wrote: Analog Lab V starts fast, however it's an intro version only.
What's an intro version, and how did you acquire it?
Analog Lab intro
I got it when I registered Analog Lab Lite
Its the intro for the complete V collection. You can buy it or get it bundled with some hardware...
Its great for preset junkies who rarely turn a knob...
Ah, a version of AL5 with less presets. Perhaps then the smaller number of presets is why it loads up faster and is snappier when it first starts.

Is there anyone else using the full version of AL5 on Windows 10 who can confirm what I have reported?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Whats the likelihood of them adding Roland drum machines and Akai samplers in the next V Collection.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Goods suggestion and there are MANY vintage drum modules to choose from.
It is likely we will see some in the future.

Isn't that what they used to have in early versions with Spark VDM?

https://www.arturia.com/spark-vdm/overview

Just checked and with VC4 I got Spark 2 - with a nice collection of emulations and samples fetched from VDM it seems. I think earlier had VDM included though. Not a bad idea to dust one of them off and include I would say. Even if I haven't used it for a long time.

A resurrected spark, bug fixed and upgraded would be awesome!

beltrom wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:24 pm Isn't that what they used to have in early versions with Spark VDM?

https://www.arturia.com/spark-vdm/overview

Just checked and with VC4 I got Spark 2 - with a nice collection of emulations and samples fetched from VDM it seems. I think earlier had VDM included though. Not a bad idea to dust one of them off and include I would say. Even if I haven't used it for a long time.
I have Spark VDM, and while it had a few Roland drum machines, they weren't quite as accurate as some samples I've heard. For example, the TR-626 emulation wasn't very close for several of the drums to my actual TR-626. And some of the 909 drums didn't sound like the majority of the 909 samples I have.

But overall, Spark was pretty cool, I thought. I don't know why Arturia killed it off (though I know VDM was fairly buggy), but I wish they'd bring it back...with better emulation models or samples (since it used both).

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

waltercruz wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:39 pm A resurrected spark, bug fixed and upgraded would be awesome!
planetearth wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:21 am But overall, Spark was pretty cool, I thought. I don't know why Arturia killed it off (though I know VDM was fairly buggy), but I wish they'd bring it back...with better emulation models or samples (since it used both).
Seems a few of us wouldn't mind if Arturia made an updated and improved version! VDM would fit really well in the V Collection. I do think their later emulations are pretty good. It was mainly bugs and some odd quirks that kept me from spark though, not accuracy.

beltrom wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:54 am
waltercruz wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:39 pm A resurrected spark, bug fixed and upgraded would be awesome!
planetearth wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:21 am But overall, Spark was pretty cool, I thought. I don't know why Arturia killed it off (though I know VDM was fairly buggy), but I wish they'd bring it back...with better emulation models or samples (since it used both).
Seems a few of us wouldn't mind if Arturia made an updated and improved version! VDM would fit really well in the V Collection. I do think their later emulations are pretty good. It was mainly bugs and some odd quirks that kept me from spark though, not accuracy.
I recently revisited Spark. Not only did it convince me to spend more time with it but I also realized it comes with a farily large 1.5GB library of drum audio samples. I linked to them from XO and added them to the XO library! Sweet.

plexuss wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:34 pm I recently revisited Spark. Not only did it convince me to spend more time with it but I also realized it comes with a farily large 1.5GB library of drum audio samples. I linked to them from XO and added them to the XO library! Sweet.
Thanks! Didn't know that! Added path to XO.

I've just paid €29 for an upgrade to the Jup-8 v4 and I don't own the single plugin. I have V Collection 6, all fx and Pigments. Could not afford to upgrade to the latest collection and was really only excited about the new Jupiter. Very impressed with the new sound engine. A solid release.

Gregwaah wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm I've just paid €29 for an upgrade to the Jup-8 v4 and I don't own the single plugin. I have V Collection 6, all fx and Pigments. Could not afford to upgrade to the latest collection and was really only excited about the new Jupiter. Very impressed with the new sound engine. A solid release.
They did a great job. V4 sounds so much better, and now is pretty much on par with Roland’s Jupiter-8 emulation.

I think this is the first time Arturia has ever recreated one of their existing synth emulations from scratch. If you look at the release notes of the other ones that are up to v2 or v3, there are usually no changes to the emulation itself (minor tweaks, if anything). Just updated UIs, new preset browsers, bug fixes, that kind of stuff.

This makes me hope they’ll recreate some of their older emulations and breathe some new life into them. Especially the CS-80.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:46 pm
Gregwaah wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:29 pm I've just paid €29 for an upgrade to the Jup-8 v4 and I don't own the single plugin. I have V Collection 6, all fx and Pigments. Could not afford to upgrade to the latest collection and was really only excited about the new Jupiter. Very impressed with the new sound engine. A solid release.
They did a great job. V4 sounds so much better, and now is pretty much on par with Roland’s Jupiter-8 emulation.

I think this is the first time Arturia has ever recreated one of their existing synth emulations from scratch. If you look at the release notes of the other ones that are up to v2 or v3, there are usually no changes to the emulation itself (minor tweaks, if anything). Just updated UIs, new preset browsers, bug fixes, that kind of stuff.

This makes me hope they’ll recreate some of their older emulations and breathe some new life into them. Especially the CS-80.
Part of the Mini-V were re-worked a while back also:
https://www.arturia.com/mini-v/behindthemini-v

Return to “Instruments”