2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I plan to purchase more studio furniture, racks, and stands to better organize my music gear in 2021. Things have gotten a little disorganized over the past couple years.

In regards to instruments, I might purchase an Elektron Analog Four MKII and Rytm MKII combo, but it is not high on the list of priorities. I already have too many synths, drum machines, effects, and grooveboxes than needed.

Another consideration, in lieu of the Elektron devices, is building a mid-sized modular setup over the course of the 2021.
Last edited by Silaris on Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nothing yet. As a digital nomad now I'm not going to invest into studio gear until I settle down in some great place :help:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:00 pm yup, i wasn't even really looking for a guitar, but elxsound mentioned he was using one of these. id not heard of it, so went for a look, and did kind of fall in love.

extra points because i had thought if i was going to add a new axe, trem was essential! as i only have the marlin with a trem and don't really like the guitar, but was a gift so don't feel right selling or giving it away.

few videos and main complaint is feedback with it being hollow, so not great for small rooms blah blah ...

some of us want more feedback!!!
plus my room is big enough i can outdistance between me and the amp/monitors for when i want something more tame :)
but feedback/wah/delay :wheee:
OOoh nice. I've got mine in wine red!

So I'm hoping to do this in early January, but I want to get the following:

1) Meris Hedra (pedal). After racking up hours on Ottobit, Polymoon, and Mercury7 I found that I've fallen in love with the workflow. After digging in deeper with practicing on the guitar I'm ready for separate boards and Hedra as a 3-voice pitch shifter would finish nicely with the other Meris' pedal and Chase Bliss' Blooper, Mood, Warped Vinyl (hifi), and the newly acquired Bliss Factory.

2) Robert Keeley Hyrda (pedal) - Back in the 2020 thread there were some damn good recommendations for a tremolo (Electro Harmonix & the still mono Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water), but I think I've found my match in the stereo reverb/stereo tremolo on the Hydra. The bonus here is that I've got an LE ECCOS (delay/looper) on the way and the workflow will be the same. This is gonna round out the guitar board with Walrus Audio's Ages (OD), Keeley Super Phat (OD), Keeley Dark Side (Pink Floyd multi), Keeley Monterrey (Hendrix multi), and Walrus Audio's Deep Six compressor.

3) The right size pedalboard. I mostly just want this thing to be accessible quickly, but pack up neatly when not in use. I'm still hunting, but I'd like this to start the year.

I've bought and sold quite a few pedals as testing in stores just hasn't been an option, but I'm narrowing down the sound I like which has been fun. I've also been lucky with scoring limited editions at good prices so I haven't lost anything on resale even with shipping.

i bought a time machine

Korg Wavestate and Opsix. Monitor speakers and a new audio interface; the stupid thing is connected to my phones and it dropped on the floor too many times :hihi:

Now I have to remember one thing: don't connect my headphones to my audio interface.

sqigls wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:41 pm i bought a time machine
What a coincidence, I'm looking forward to buying one of those last week! :hihi:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

elxsound wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:48 pm So I'm hoping to do this in early January, but I want to get the following:

1) Meris Hedra (pedal). After racking up hours on Ottobit, Polymoon, and Mercury7 I found that I've fallen in love with the workflow. After digging in deeper with practicing on the guitar I'm ready for separate boards and Hedra as a 3-voice pitch shifter would finish nicely with the other Meris' pedal and Chase Bliss' Blooper, Mood, Warped Vinyl (hifi), and the newly acquired Bliss Factory.

2) Robert Keeley Hyrda (pedal) - Back in the 2020 thread there were some damn good recommendations for a tremolo (Electro Harmonix & the still mono Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water), but I think I've found my match in the stereo reverb/stereo tremolo on the Hydra. The bonus here is that I've got an LE ECCOS (delay/looper) on the way and the workflow will be the same. This is gonna round out the guitar board with Walrus Audio's Ages (OD), Keeley Super Phat (OD), Keeley Dark Side (Pink Floyd multi), Keeley Monterrey (Hendrix multi), and Walrus Audio's Deep Six compressor.

3) The right size pedalboard. I mostly just want this thing to be accessible quickly, but pack up neatly when not in use. I'm still hunting, but I'd like this to start the year.

I've bought and sold quite a few pedals as testing in stores just hasn't been an option, but I'm narrowing down the sound I like which has been fun. I've also been lucky with scoring limited editions at good prices so I haven't lost anything on resale even with shipping.
nice stuff :tu:
but where the hell have you been!!
you don't leave s note even :cry:

good to see you're well 8)

Can't go wrong with Keeley or Meris. I have a Super Mod Station from Keeley and a Ottobit Jr. Both are great pedals. Love controlling them with CV. The Keeley pedals have a super low noise floor so I've even used the Super Mod Station as an insert. Finding the "right size" pedal board is like having "enough HP" in your eurorack. It will only be the right size for about 5 mins. :lol:

So, I'm setting up a session today, and a friend of the person I'm recording has a RND Shelford Channel... I don't think I'm going to be using it for this session but the Inductor EQ and the Diode Bridge Compressor sound freaking beautiful. I have enough Neve pres but the eq and comp can be had in 500 format as well. I may end up getting a pair of 551s and a pair of 535s at some point.
Last edited by justin3am on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the bloke beging keeley (robert iirc) seems like a top bloke too, seen him on a few pootube shows, very knowledgeable too!
don't own any of his pedals, but there's a few i certainly wouldn't mind owning :)

meris, ive got the ottobit jr, which i love!
and of the others the reverb especially, calls to me! one day!!!

I have far too much guitar gear. So in 2021 I plan to add on to that collection with more gear.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:34 pm
elxsound wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:48 pm So I'm hoping to do this in early January, but I want to get the following:

nice stuff :tu:
but where the hell have you been!!
you don't leave s note even :cry:

good to see you're well 8)
:hihi: It was unplanned and unintended, but a healthy departure during a run-up to the election... Plus developing a (hopefully) healthier obsession with learning this guitar thingy!

nation wide music retailer introduced a sale on Novation Summit this afternoon. Just happened to see it.
Managed to snatch one at $2915 AUD. An $850 saving!
Yay me!
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Guitar Rig 6 once the NI sale hits.... Genelec 8020s. A couple of iPad apps and I'm golden for 2021
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

I think I might order a Plinky when Thonk get them back in again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGqV6xR ... e=emb_logo

Plus I want a couple of Logic Bomb kits.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”