RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

zvenx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:24 pm Which companies are its competition? Avenger I imagine, Nexus to somewhat degree, Ana 2.. which others?

rsp
serum, access virus Ti , it s a bit like a mix of both to me.
i was programing a sound on the virus C dsp emulator.. then just loaded rapid as the interface is better for programing and it use not much cpu and wanted to compare the sound , rapid one sounded better on this one, dosen t mean much but it can cover some of the virus sound .

for me synth like hive, dune, massive X are not competitor, rapid has much more feature and synthesis possilbities than some of these but also sonically it s not the same caractere, rapid can have that sort of polished comercial sound , maybe the others synth too but i remember demoing when i bought rapid and enjoyed it more

Waiting for sale :)

Is there ever going to be another update to Rapid? Been a loong time.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

I have to that say your license / copy protection whatever it is, it is the most retarted one I have seen so far. My Rapid has go totally silence now 3 or 4 times. This time I changed my computer memory sticks and boom, Rapid is silence. It stays on active, but doesn't produce any sounds. Only way to fix this is, to manually to delete the license.dat file. Then it unactive itself. After you active it again, then Rapid produce sounds again. Wtf seriously. If your synth want's to reactive itself, it should unactive itself automatically and give user to change to active it again! Not everyone is good with computers and knows how to manually locate the f**king license.dat file and delete it / know how even fix this problem. Do something this stupid behaviour, seriously. And let me sell this crap.

grdh20 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:37 pm Is there ever going to be another update to Rapid? Been a loong time.
Is the developer still active?
I contacted them via mail several times, but never got an answer.

Dont like the devs silence at all. But they placed that new update road map long time ago and no any info since then. Great synth, anyways.

Not very active on social media either- one tweet about a month ago...hopefully they/he/she will surface against soon.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

About six weeks ago?

rsp

viewtopic.php?p=8373747#p8373747
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Rapid is right up there as one of my favorite synths, alongside Thorn and Dune 3. That said, it would be nice to see a little more engagement from the devs (teasers, updates on progress, etc). One of the reasons I like Thorn so much (other than it sounding great and being fun to use) is that Dmitry the developer answers everything thoroughly and promptly. Things like that go a long way (at least for me).

In all fairness, I have had some success with communicating points across on their Facebook page. Unfortunately its a pretty inactive group though.

i had contact with support and a day later got a reply. pretty quick so i would say they are still active but not very active at promotion and features. but well, the plugin so far is really stable for me and lightweight? i have to use it more often again, i guess the next update will have some surprises. i hope so!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:33 pm i had contact with support and a day later got a reply. pretty quick so i would say they are still active but not very active at promotion and features. but well, the plugin so far is really stable for me and lightweight? i have to use it more often again, i guess the next update will have some surprises. i hope so!
Nevertheless it got some real flaws and for a developer who has to maintain just 1 product, updates are simply too rare and far too slow...

Sometimes I wonder what he does the whole day long...

Trancit wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:15 pm
Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:33 pm i had contact with support and a day later got a reply. pretty quick so i would say they are still active but not very active at promotion and features. but well, the plugin so far is really stable for me and lightweight? i have to use it more often again, i guess the next update will have some surprises. i hope so!
Nevertheless it got some real flaws and for a developer who has to maintain just 1 product, updates are simply too rare and far too slow...

Sometimes I wonder what he does the whole day long...
definitely, the sample import/drag and drop still sucks here...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yeah, the most annoying in Rapid is lack of drag&drop features. Any external import to the synth can completely break the flow, a lot of organizing, renaming and programming. You forced to use internal content or you need to make some work before… I wish these things will be resolved in the update.

Agree, working with samples and importing is pita in Rapid, everything else is top notch. Cant wait for drawable msegs.

I hope so too. :)
Nevertheless I never got an answer on my 2 mails to support (2021/09/20 and 2022/04/16).
Just a short "Yes" or "No" would have been enough. ;)

Return to “Instruments”