Tell Me that You Love Me - = [ Funk ] = - ... feedback welcome...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some old school funk for you.
Feedback on mixing, instrumentation, arrangement, all welcome.
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132 ... ou-love-me

You don't have to say, every day, that you love me
You don't have to show, all the time, that you care

Its when I'm, feelin' down, thats when I need you (x2)

Tell me, tell me now, that you love me
Tell me, tell me that, you'd never leave me (x2)
Don't ever leave me...

You don't have to do, every thing, that I want you to do
You don't have to prove, all the time, that you care

I can't believe nobody's commented on this. What is it with this place? Anyway, what's to say? Every time I listen to your stuff you take me back to Depeche Mode and all the like groups of the 80s. This song is no different. But the quality of this recording is really, really good. At least I think it is. I'm sure somebody will find something to nitpick about. LOL.

Great job!

Two thumbs up!

:tu: :tu:

Good song structure and diversified parts all over. Not my kind of music but well done.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:54 pm I can't believe nobody's commented on this. What is it with this place? Anyway, what's to say? Every time I listen to your stuff you take me back to Depeche Mode and all the like groups of the 80s. This song is no different. But the quality of this recording is really, really good. At least I think it is. I'm sure somebody will find something to nitpick about. LOL.

Great job!

Two thumbs up!

:tu: :tu:
Thanks Wags. I appreciate you always commenting! I've been working on my mixing game and bought a few plugins to help last month. Good to know it seems like its paying off. : )

htcnext2 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:03 pm Good song structure and diversified parts all over. Not my kind of music but well done.
Thanks for leaving a comment even though you didn't like the genre! I do work on my arrangement to make it diverse. : )

Bansaw,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: there is a funk element. Maybe some disco. Some pop and some alternative. I agree your vocals remind me of Dave Gahan (a compliment); very good vocals! Nice melodies all around. Everything instrumental sounds very good too! Excellent job! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:55 am Bansaw,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: there is a funk element. Maybe some disco. Some pop and some alternative. I agree your vocals remind me of Dave Gahan (a compliment); very good vocals! Nice melodies all around. Everything instrumental sounds very good too! Excellent job! :)
Thanks Aaron, appreciate the comments. I wish I didn't have to use autotune like Gahan! We're both baritones from England, I suspect comparison after that starts to fade off!
Funk-Disco is the genre that I seem to be gravitating towards, although I maintain an affection for synthpop.

I dig what you got goin on man. I could use more 'something' vocal wise. That territory you are gravitating toward is fun. Reminds me of this...
https://youtu.be/gip6CRiQsvc
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

The mix sounds great, well balanced. (Too much reverb for my tastes but most people will be fine with it.) I think the vocals sound good.

I realize you were going for that big 70s disco/funk sound but I think this elaborate arrangement may be overshadowing the song.

Bansaw wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:38 pm Some old school funk for you.
Feedback on mixing, instrumentation, arrangement, all welcome.
you and i would seem to have a difference of opinion as
to what constitutes " old school funk " ...

the mixing is well crafted ...
the instrumentation and arrangement , also well done , evoke disco , not funk ...
it's just too polished for funk ...

Morgaxx wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:48 pm I dig what you got goin on man. I could use more 'something' vocal wise. That territory you are gravitating toward is fun. Reminds me of this...
https://youtu.be/gip6CRiQsvc
Thanks for the comments @Morgaxx. I wish also I had a band behind me adding some dimension to my vocals. I do have EastWest Backup singers that are helping in the chorus.
Love the video! It had some latin style percussion in which I really liked; I actually bought some latin percussion a few weeks ago and put it in my song here. :phones:
Last edited by Bansaw on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Definitely that 80s vibe. Only listened on my phone so can’t comment too much on the mix, but the vibe is there! Not what I call old school funk either, that’s a more early to mid 70s sound for me. That doesn’t matter though, great work!

Frantz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 pm The mix sounds great, well balanced. (Too much reverb for my tastes but most people will be fine with it.) I think the vocals sound good.

I realize you were going for that big 70s disco/funk sound but I think this elaborate arrangement may be overshadowing the song.
Thanks Frantz, appreciate the comments.
The horns might have a touch too much of reverb. I was trying to create some "depth" in the mix. I potentially overdid it.
The arrangement does get complex with the busy latin percussion segment, I'll concede that. I just got Latin Percussion expansion for EZDrummer. When I get something new I tend to overuse it!
Thanks for the listen :phones:

experimental.crow wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:18 pm the mixing is well crafted ...
the instrumentation and arrangement , also well done , evoke disco , not funk ...
it's just too polished for funk ...
Thanks @crow, I take your point, it is moving towards Disco.
Appreciate your comments on the arrangement and instrumentation. :phones:

DMG68 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:50 pm Definitely that 80s vibe. Only listened on my phone so can’t comment too much on the mix, but the vibe is there! Not what I call old school funk either, that’s a more early to mid 70s sound for me. That doesn’t matter though, great work!
Thanks @DMG68, thanks for the appreciation, pleased you liked the vibe. I'll settle for the mid 70s sound. I was going for "retro" funk, perhaps thats the term I should have used instead of "old school"!

Return to “Music Cafe”