Hive 2.1 Izmo skin by Plugmon

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like it; it doesn't feel too bright for me, so much as some of the grey-on-grey elements are a little washed out. Like, for bypassed effects, I think I might rather have that whole panel be visibly different than just hiding the knobs behind some cataract simulator. On my mac, it's not as performant as the original skin, though.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 am
CRAFTMATIX wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 am I would also like to be able to drag the effects to reorder them rather than the tabs on the left.
Not that I disagree with this request, I wish we could do this too, but this limitation is kind of baked into the cake so to speak. You can't drag the effects in Hive, regardless of skin. Or RePro-1/5. You always have to move the tabs.
Actually I figured as much since this is how the original behaves...

if it was a new synth it might be OK (tho not to my personal taste) but as is, Hive has lost its identity by moving away from the mirror aspect of the gui....obviously not having the hideous hexagon is a bonus, but again that's another party of its identity gone....

I also think that what makes the Izmo skin seem "too bright" is that there's a lack of variety in the shades of white and black used. Imo it becomes apparent when all effects in the Effects section are turned off, and becomes less of an issue when all of them are turned on. I think a solution here is introducing more variety of grays, like with how they do in some websites. An idea in mind is having 2 themes (or 2 sets of black and white values to alternate from) so the effects section doesn't look too monotonous. Maybe the shades of whites and blacks used in the middle (those used for LFO, MOD sections, etc) can be used as well? From here, it's up to devs if they want to make the colors the same per effect (just "color set 1" for Distortion, "color set 2" for Chorus, etc.) or make it so Hive always has the color sets be the same for effects 1, 2, 3, and so on, no matter what effects they are. Or maybe even allow users to change between the two color sets.

Color besides, some of the improvements in my mind are:

For Shape Seq and Sequencer, I prefer accessing (and un-accessing) them by clicking on the words themselves instead of the crosshair(?) icon.

For using the drag-and-drop modulation:
For Shape Seq, I'd prefer dragging from crosshairs instead.
In this scenario, would prefer them looking like this:
A [+] B [+] C [+] D [+]
where the [+] is where I'll click from.

For Sequencer, I prefer using the crosshair icon to drag from instead.
Maybe it can look like this: SEQUENCER [+]

My two cents, up to devs. I think these ideas can be used as basis, and can still be improved upon.
Been a Hive user since its first year, so I'm a bit touchy with it :hihi:

drzhnn wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 pm
Personally, I would go with the latter. Something like that:

Great ideas!

CRAFTMATIX wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:36 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:30 am
CRAFTMATIX wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 am I would also like to be able to drag the effects to reorder them rather than the tabs on the left.
Not that I disagree with this request, I wish we could do this too, but this limitation is kind of baked into the cake so to speak. You can't drag the effects in Hive, regardless of skin. Or RePro-1/5. You always have to move the tabs.
Actually I figured as much since this is how the original behaves...
This and the missing option to switch them on or off on their panel are missing options in our UI framework. We are simply not offering these options atm, hence Plugmon can not offer them either.

Both "fx panel reordering" and "buttons to enable/disable fx" are on our ever growing todo list, but last year developers have become sparse for a bit such that it's "maybe some time this year".

CRAFTMATIX wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 am Also I would very much like for the tops of the effects to activate the effect rather having to go over to the left to turn each on.
This.

This and the missing option to switch them on or off on their panel are missing options in our UI framework. We are simply not offering these options atm, hence Plugmon can not offer them either.

Both "fx panel reordering" and "buttons to enable/disable fx" are on our ever growing todo list, but last year developers have become sparse for a bit such that it's "maybe some time this year".
'

This is not as much of a concern for me in the original skin since everything is much closer together. The original is very good despite some of the limitations the hexagon creates as far as space...

anoise wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:41 am
drzhnn wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:01 pm
Personally, I would go with the latter. Something like that:

Great ideas!
Totaly agree

This skin is really good, layout is better then the original one, tho i would love this new one to have color pallete of the original one, imo colors and balance are perfect there. I havent read all the comments, but now im using the skin and here is obvious drawback, which i personly also dont like in some of the other Plugmon skins.

Added unescessery ICONs, because they clutter the screen and make it less clean.

As example in the FX section, why to add those different icons/logos if there is already says Dist/chorus ect. Id rather see a full name of the effect :)

Same with for example Enine part. Its just a fire logo, just better write engine :)

drzhnn has some good points about contrast there.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:14 pm Yeah, that did the trick. The missing elements are back. Weird.
However, neither PW or MW are moving.
Hmm, not sure what the problem would be.
Do you maybe have an older (non SSE) hard drive?
Or do you have a lot of third party skins installed for Hive?
If there are too many skins, the loading of the assets might be slowed down.
If you got many skins installed, could you remove some, to check if Izmo then loads all grpahics and the Pitch Bend and Mod Wheel sliders work?
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Overall I like the look of this skin. It reminds me of Massive X, which is not a bad thing in my book.
I agree that it needs more color. The purple (yellow also ok) theme on the oscillators and filters would be really nice. I don't mind the icons in the FX section, makes it more "fun".
My main issue is the main display in the middle (the "hexagon" in the original skin): it's too bright and boring. I like the pattern colours of the original look.
Will play some more with it. :P

Cool, a Massive X skin for Hive! ;-) I will be using this one, I like it a lot. Never got on with that big hexagon in the middle of the original GUI, just didn't work for me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

wow this is gorgeous, I like it much better than the other one :)

Return to “u-he”