One Synth Challenge #144: Rand by Sampleson (schiing Wins! kylebenjamin grabs the single instance prize!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some more Rand experimentation.

Incidentally, this is totally unrelated to the previous comments, which I just noticed! But I'm trying my hand at posing as a one-man-modular-synth with various degrees of S&H and randomness - material that I might use for a loop or something in the future.

Really minor, unpolished stuff, and potentially very annoying - but I'm putting it out there just in case anyone's interested/looking for creative angles/whatever.... it's Rand, after all!

(putting the link in quotes - embedding seems too... flashy!)
[edit: pretty cool when I slow it down 90% - suspense... Sorry, I'll stop posting half-baked nonsense now!]
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:27 am Some more Rand experimentation.
The second experiment is simply amazing! :o The creators of cinematic music will need to try very hard to achieve such an atmosphere. If what you did is within the rules, then you have one of the best tracks for Rand here! :tu:

Ah, thanks IV! It’s all Rand, but some serious time stretching and modulation going on there, so that one is not OSC-compatible :(
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Here's the DoctorBob track for this round. Very rushed as I have other things on my mind because my mum just died. Didn't want to disappoint my "fans" and keep my unbroken run since OSC #61!

Ultimate cheese - sorry. Beatle-esque chording. Sort of like "Michelle" I guess.

Please enjoy the synth solo at 1:18 if nothing else :D

DAW: Reaper 6

Track details:
17 * Rand
17 * ReaEQ
6 * Oril River
1 * Bass Professor Mark 2
1 * Reacomp
5 * OTT

Master:
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Voxengo MSED
Limiter No. 6

Metering:
Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (free)
SPAN

LUFS: -12.1
DR: 9

Enjoy
https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/grandiose-times
Last edited by doctorbob on Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really sorry to hear of your loss Doc

The artwork reminds me of King Rocker documentary and the track sounds good :tu:
Last edited by Eauson on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Condolences, Rob! She must've been well in her 90's, wasn't she? No doubt, she's been lucky to have a talented and engaged son and grand daughter. Certainly a good idea to take some time to grief. Making music can be a wonderful channel, though, when the right time has come.
My best wishes to your whole family! :hug:

So sorry to hear that, Rob.

Your track is excellent, though - it doesn't sound rushed at all! Perfect "strumming", and if I didn't know better, I wouldn't be able to tell it apart from library goodies from Alan Hawkshaw or Keith Mansfield at the height of their KPM game.

@terje ... shaved the few dB off the kick as suggested ...

I might double the second half of the playout with the middle synth ... might be interesting to try

OK the lat section has the synth as well, also fixed up the crash ...

Do I need to keep the doubled synth or not???

dB

I'm gonna make a song this month :D
:party:

My heart goes out to you DoctorBob.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

My sincere condolences DoctorBob!
Take time for yourself and your family to cope with that loss.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Thanks everyone. Slowly coming to terms with it and getting on with the mountain of paperwork. her house is 6 hours drive away, and our covid rules say no to going down at the moment. So, makes things a little more awkward, as does organising a funeral etc at long distance which I will have to watch on a livestream.

dB

doctorbob wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 pm Thanks everyone. Slowly coming to terms with it and getting on with the mountain of paperwork. her house is 6 hours drive away, and our covid rules say no to going down at the moment. So, makes things a little more awkward, as does organising a funeral etc at long distance which I will have to watch on a livestream.

dB
Very sad to hear that covid affects even that. My condolence Bob. Take care.
Last edited by liqih on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry for your loss doctorbob :hug:
Such a shame that even grief is made all the more difficult right now.

Return to “Instruments”