What's your dream guitar?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you have a dream guitar that is currently out of reach for you.

I have two (well a lot more that two really, but I'm keeping it simple) one is out of my budget, SNAPPER-7 SYU Custom. A 7 string wasn't something I'd really yearned for until I saw this, it has since become a fascination for me. It looks so compact, clean and uncluttered for such a monsterous guitar.
Currently available on the ESP website for 550,000 Yen, maybe one day... Sigh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31SQ78A1PhY

The other is hard to find and also probably out of my budget, 1989 Charvel XL750
I already own a Charvel model 2, which only has the single bridge pick up, so I've been looking for something similar with HB in the neck. It is a little out of my price range really, decent ones go upwards of £2500 but if I ever saw one and was feeling silly, I may be tempted, until I got home and said, "hey look what I just bought"...
:idiot: :smack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-x7zwblr4

What guitar/s would you like to add to your collection and why.

the first three are nostalgia (i owned them previously), but i've long lusted after a gretsch...

1) prs custom 24 (loved this thing)
2) ibanez sabre (i had an S450 LTD back in the day)
3) a tele thinline of some sort
4) gretsch 6120

after having to sell pretty much everything due to rough times, i'd decided to replace the two i missed most: a 97 strat plus, and the prs custom 24. i did a custom build to replace the strat, and just found that it ticked all the boxes for me, so i never ended up replacing the prs. i'd love to have one again, but i'm not ever likely to drop that kind of dough...
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:24 pm the first three are nostalgia (i owned them previously), but i've long lusted after a gretsch...

1) prs custom 24 (loved this thing)
2) ibanez sabre (i had an S450 LTD back in the day)
3) a tele thinline of some sort
4) gretsch 6120

after having to sell pretty much everything due to rough times, i'd decided to replace the two i missed most: a 97 strat plus, and the prs custom 24. i did a custom build to replace the strat, and just found that it ticked all the boxes for me, so i never ended up replacing the prs. i'd love to have one again, but i'm not ever likely to drop that kind of dough...
Oh yes! A PRS Custom 24 was on my short list, really beautiful guitars.

I want a Guild D-55 brand new . It's not out of reach for me but they are out of stock currently and I just can't justify 3-4 grand for a guitar . So I got an Alvarez MD60BG that I plan on making a Guild type pickguard for it , upgrade the saddle and nut to vintage unbleached bone , and install a k&k pickup in it .

fedexnman wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:35 pm I want a Guild D-55 brand new . It's not out of reach for me but they are out of stock currently and I just can't justify 3-4 grand for a guitar . So I got an Alvarez MD60BG that I plan on making a Guild type pickguard for it , upgrade the saddle and nut to vintage unbleached bone , and install a k&k pickup in it .
Years ago a friend of mine had an Alvarez, can't remember the model any more, but it sounded great. I had a Washburn at the time, but prefered playing the Alvarez. The only acoustic I have right now is a 12 string mandolin and that needs restringing.

One that comes with a Robin Trower to play it
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Nashville Tele with 3 mini Humbuckers that split on a pull/push on the volume pot and a push/pull on the tone to add neck pickup. Butterscotch Blonde with a maple neck and ash body. A Harley Benton would do. :)
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There's a mint Charvel XL750 near me going for £1400 OBO. They are super nice guitars, I had one on long term loan donkey's years ago when a mate went to work abroad for a year. I think he offered it to me for £650 at the time.

I'm pretty well set for guitars but have a changeable list of dream instruments. At the moment I'm lusting after an early LP Jr.

GASing for a PRS Custom 24. The real stuff is out of reach, but the SE is pretty affordable, and those new US bolt-on models aren't priced too crazy either.

As for the dream guitar, I guess it's just a bunch of specs - ESP-like neck (not too thin, not too thick, good profile, doesn't cramp your hand), stainless steel frets, immaculate leveling and fret end dressing, good upper neck access, 5-way switch with Ibanez wiring + a push-pull split, knobs and switches moved out of the picking way, fixed bridge (something hipshot-like, not a tune-o-matic), properly cut bone nut, Gotoh locking tuners, and just generally good workmanship and QC. I'd take both 6 and 7 strings, and also a 6 string with a Floyd. Not too expensive too please :lol:

resynthesis wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:55 am There's a mint Charvel XL750 near me going for £1400 OBO. They are super nice guitars, I had one on long term loan donkey's years ago when a mate went to work abroad for a year. I think he offered it to me for £650 at the time.

I'm pretty well set for guitars but have a changeable list of dream instruments. At the moment I'm lusting after an early LP Jr.
Wow, I'm interested have PMed you.

A pre-war Martin D-18 or D-28 in top condition.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Schector Tempest Custom and a G&L Fullerton Bluesboy
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

The Godin semiacoustics are exquisite, especially the 5-string fretless bass A5.

I played a friend's Martin once, that was a mistake.

I seem to be spending a lot of time in the Warmoth configurator lately, making P90 thinline telecasters in exotic woods. I'd like to have a proper play with a wenge neck some time.

imrae wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:24 am The Godin semiacoustics are exquisite, especially the 5-string fretless bass A5.
Godin's Summit Classic in Havana Brown looks incredible and the Montreal Premiere looks very tasty too.

I'm beside myself. I'm in love with the Harley Benton Fusion T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYoCRixnZYo

I've been shifting interests in the last year or so. Moving into smooth jazz. The pups are roswell and are intended to sound like PAF's they are a bit compressed and the tone roll-off is next to non existent.

On the high end... Dammit I want a Benedetto Bambino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgUud11yCc
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Guitars”