Shreddage Multi tracking and stereo

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like to pan my guitar tracks hard left and right. If I use the multi guitar selection in Shreddage, is each instance stereo, or is each instance panned in any way?

So if I have 2 guitars selected they are both playing stereo? I want to make sure I am not losing sound when I pan hard left/right. I have guitar 1+2 (track A) and the left, and 3+4 (track B) on the right.

Last question (for now!) can I route each guitar to it's own output? So if I have multiple guitars selected I want guitar 1 to go to output 1, guitar 2 to output 2, etc. Or do I have to use a separate track for each guitar to do that?

Thanks.
Last edited by sbdm on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All the samples are mono, so one guitar selected is mono, two guitars are hard panned left-right, and so on.

You cannot route each guitar to its own output, since they are achieved purely by scripting.

Well, it IS possible to route guitars to their own output.. you would do this by creating two instances of the patch. The first instance should use guitar 1, the second instance should use guitar 2. They must receive identical MIDI data. (This is how double-tracking was done in Shreddage 2). Then, you can route each patch to a separate Kontakt output.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Right - that is true. There is that workaround.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 pm All the samples are mono, so one guitar selected is mono, two guitars are hard panned left-right, and so on.

You cannot route each guitar to its own output, since they are achieved purely by scripting.
So what about selecting 1-4? Is it 1/3 Left and 2,4 right?

Thanks.

Depends on how many guitars are active. If any two guitars are active, they are hard-panned left/right, if three guitars are active, they are L/C/R, if four, they are -100, -85, 85, 100.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:56 pm Depends on how many guitars are active. If any two guitars are active, they are hard-panned left/right, if three guitars are active, they are L/C/R, if four, they are -100, -85, 85, 100.
Thanks. To clarify:
I have track A with guitars 1+2, track B with guitars 3+4.

Is this Track A hard l/r and track B hard l/r
OR
is it track A -100,-85 and track B 85,100?

To generalize, is your description for each individual track OR summing across tracks?

In my example, if it was individual tracks, then if I hard pan my track left, I am still only getting one guitar? To get two guitars on one track if I hard pan I would need to turn on all 4 guitars?

If it is across tracks then my setup has 2 guitars as it is.

That's a bit confusing LOL Thanks! Maybe my best way is to just use guitar 1 on track A, guitar 2 on track B, guitar 3 an track C and guitar 4 on track D.

In your case both guitars are hard panned (because you have only 2 out of 4 guitars selected - it doesn't matter which two you selected, they will always be hard-panned). There's no "summing across tracks" because there's no way for the script to know what's happening on another track.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:53 pm In your case both guitars are hard panned (because you have only 2 out of 4 guitars selected - it doesn't matter which two you selected, they will always be hard-panned). There's no "summing across tracks" because there's no way for the script to know what's happening on another track.
Okay, for me I think the best way is put guitar 1 on track A, guitar 2 on track B, etc. This way I can hard pan each track with a separate output to route to a different insert fx. Thanks!!

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:56 pm Depends on how many guitars are active. If any two guitars are active, they are hard-panned left/right, if three guitars are active, they are L/C/R, if four, they are -100, -85, 85, 100.
Just a heads up that neither Hydra, Jupiter, or Abyss works this way right now. Activating three guitars puts two on the right channel and one on the left (or maybe one center with a heavy pan to the right... but there's at least a 6db difference in the right channel when activating three and I hear the third in my right ear, it is not balanced)

redmarkii wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Just a heads up that neither Hydra, Jupiter, or Abyss works this way right now. Activating three guitars puts two on the right channel and one on the left (or maybe one center with a heavy pan to the right... but there's at least a 6db difference in the right channel when activating three and I hear the third in my right ear, it is not balanced)
Thanks for following up! Since I have different parts on each side, I decided to use 1 guitar per track. So track 1 = guitar panned hard L, track 2 = guitar 2 panned hard R, etc. If I do quad, then it would be 4 tracks for 4 guitars. Others may not need this if the guitar parts are the same for both side and they can just use the 1,2 for stereo, or 1234 for quad.

sbdm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:48 pm
redmarkii wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Thanks for following up! Since I have different parts on each side, I decided to use 1 guitar per track. So track 1 = guitar panned hard L, track 2 = guitar 2 panned hard R, etc. If I do quad, then it would be 4 tracks for 4 guitars. Others may not need this if the guitar parts are the same for both side and they can just use the 1,2 for stereo, or 1234 for quad.
ah, I was mostly posting what I said because it seems to be a bug, or at least not working as the developers intended!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”