Bug: Plugins sometimes missing window controls on Linux

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I'm running the latest Waveform 11.5.2 Pro on Linux (Pop_OS 20.04 LTS) and I have a nasty problem where some plugins do not display their window controls correctly. See the attached screenshot showing the problem: The Collective plugin is framed with the correct window controls whereas the Chorus plugin is not.

The problem also occurs on KDE Neon but I do not believe the Linux window manager is a factor from what I can tell.

Is this forum the right way to report bugs like these or is it better for me to contact Tracktion support directly?

Thanks
Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

Following-up on this, I have re-tested using Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS to make sure I am running Waveform on the supported OS as stated on the Traction web site.

The problem persists.

Specifically, the issue affects Tracktion's DAW Essentials plugins - some but not all of them.

Below is a list of the plugins - those with an asterisk will open without the window controls being visible either on the first or second time they are opened:

#TAudio Filter
* #TBus Compressor
* #TChorus
#TCompressor
* #TCrusher
#TDelay Studio
* #TDucker
* #TEqualiser
* #TFlanger
* #TGate Expander
* #TLimiter
* #TPhaser
* #TReverb8
TStereo Delay

The problem only seems to occur when running Waveform on Linux and specifically the Tracktion DAW Essentials plugins. Easily reproducible bug.

Can this please be investigated as I have paid for these plugins and right now am not able to fully use them when running them on Linux.

Thanks
Nick
Ryzen 5 8600G, 32GB DDR5, Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Waveform Pro 13, Mixbus Pro 10, Reaper 7, Bitwig 5.1.

known long-standing problem in JUCE, as far as I know

But for me all these plugins works well. Are they sandboxed in your settings? Mine - not.

Aha thanks - disabling the sandbox seems to resolve the issue. So, still a bug, but that is a useful work-around.

Can you let me know if it's fixed in 1.0.44

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vb6whwr6noxeb ... ar.gz?dl=0

Code: Select all

- Made all plugin editors resizable
- Added mix lock to all plugins with wet, dry or mix params
- Fixed invisible text in unlock email and password fields
- Fixed unlocking Delay Studio if purchased separately

No Luck.

With the sandbox re-enabled and a quick test of the #TChorus plugin from your Dropbox download the window borders disappear the second time I launch the plugin.

Nick

If you then resize the plugin window slightly, does it jump to the correct location?

It does indeed. Incidentally MOK Waverazor LE also exhibits the same behaviour.

I haven't problems with DAW essential.
Waverazor opens without header, but all controls are responsive to clicks, after slight resizing header appears, but plugin become almost unresponsive on clicks.

Waverazor 2.6.0 released and the problem is still here :(

Return to “Tracktion”