GForce OB-E talk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

should be very soon, what i've heard after winning a license in the survey

sacer wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:17 pm should be very soon, what i've heard after winning a license in the survey
I hope so. Congratulations on your licence.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:47 pm Anyone want to post any cool songs they made with this or demo patches? Any new videos get made that are worth sharing?
Yes. I usually like to wrap the end of the year with a new track but I was struggling with "writer's block". I decided to finally get OB-E during the holiday sale. Glad I did. It helped me break through the block and get some heavy emotional stuff off my chest. Here is the result. It's mostly OB-E with some imPOScar2 and VSM along with some instruments from Realitone.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/lament-op-666
Track Notes:
"Early on people associated banjo and fiddle players with the Devil and Hell, believing that those who played the instruments were bound for Hell."

Dealing with a lot of emotional volatility which normally requires attention but all the sickness and death is a distraction. Varying scope of context ranging from the general state of things, the effects of the pandemic and situations closer and closer to home. Until face to face with such a loss, there is no other way of knowing. And then try dealing with drowning in yourself. It's a whirlwind. A private hell with a new kind of devil.

The first part of the song is meant to convey loss and grief. including the waves of uncontrollable emotional distress, moments of contemplation, depression, numbness, anger, resignation. And then, after some excruciating grief, the ability to realize the death sets in, as if the death occurred after the emotional impact.

The banjo plays as death whistles us closer. The heart, and life, wind down until the devils wins. The devil always wins.

There is a new Bright Sparks video.
As a huge Oberheim fan myself, much appreciated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAdapwLeXgs&t=2s

rsp
sound sculptist

v2.0 for mac and windows is out now

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/ob-e/

Too late for me.
And with those Demo restrictions....

They haven't reset the demo restrictions?
rsp
sound sculptist

Looks like a pretty substantial update. Tom Oberheim got involved, they added a vintage knob, a drum machine mode (!), new GUI scaling, M1 and PC support, new reverb...definitely enough to pique my interest now. Good on GForce!

Windows. :hyper: Listens to demo sounds. :shrug: Looks at price. :roll:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Finally ,sounds absolutely glorious
I really thought it was going to be a cpu hog but it's not that bad on my ancient 10 year old pc , roughly around 20-30%cpu
A single sem in mono mode only uses 6 %
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:15 pm Finally ,sounds absolutely glorious
It really does......yes different oberheims but I have been comparing it to my bx_oberhausen, obsession and (cherry audio's eight voice which is the same in theory)... it really is a lot fatter than all of those.

rsp
sound sculptist

I am also curious how g-force was able to use the original oberheim logo , which has long been a part of Gibson and only recently been back to it's rightfull owner ( up your' s behringer :) )
Eyeball exchanging

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:50 pm Looks like a pretty substantial update. Tom Oberheim got involved
This probably answers my previous question :tu:
Can't get enough of the sound , a trully amazing achievement !
Eyeball exchanging

Still sounds spectacular. Ka-ching from my side!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:34 pm I am also curious how g-force was able to use the original oberheim logo , which has long been a part of Gibson and only recently been back to it's rightfull owner ( up your' s behringer :) )
Gibson gave it back to Tom a few years ago, and Tom endorses the ob-e
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”