Drum Machines!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:37 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 pm I used to use tremor until fxpansion discontinued it like a buncha bitches. Incredible sequencer and modulation. It was a real performance drum synth.
and i still dont get it why the abandoned it. i still use it from time to time despite the demo limits ;D

but i recommend stix, geist2, heartbeat, drumazon, nepheton, punch (punch-bd is jsut the bassdrum thing), drumcomputer
They abandoned it because it doesn’t align with their seaboard range. Same with their other fx that were awesome: Etch had amazing modulation options. Dcam dynamics was a rough approximation of analog processors, but they had their own great character that I loved. And Bloom was one of the best delays I’ve ever used. It was damn ideal. But they didn’t integrate with or complement Roli’s stupid ass keyboards. They could’ve at least sold them to inMusic, but they preferred to euthanize them like old dogs.

I couldn’t give a damn if they went under.

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:37 pm heartbeat,
Heartbeat is a bit of an unloved gem. While limited it's a brilliant drum machine and the SF are fantastic.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:45 pm Do any of all the plugins by ROB PAPEN qualify for the
EXPLORER 6 UPGRADE FOR OWNERS OF 2 ROB PAPEN PLUGINS

including for example : PUNCH-BD & Rob Papen RP-Distort or Delay ??

thx for replying :help:
I don't believe so, as i have one of the fxs, and punch _bd (which i thought was punch 1), and the upgrade path is NOT available to me.

So.... what's raw kick then? IDK, but I'm happy with punch _bd as it sits very nicely next to giest, and yeah... all those fx pansions were class a plugs. shame.

Call me old skool, but I just use one shot wav samples on individual tracks in my daw and create my own drum patterns. Easily manipulated, mangled, or whatever. I just find working that way so much easier. :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:41 pm Call me old skool, but I just use one shot wav samples on individual tracks in my daw and create my own drum patterns. Easily manipulated, mangled, or whatever. I just find working that way so much easier. :shrug:
Then you might enjoy this https://decomposer.de/sitala/

I like DrumSpillage and Elektroid from Audio Spillage http://www.audiospillage.com/

I lament the lack of dev on AD Tatto and FK Tremor - dropping these, especially Tremor, just doesn't make sense to me.

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:00 pm
I lament the lack of dev on AD Tatto and FK Tremor - dropping these, especially Tremor, just doesn't make sense to me.
It doesn't need to make 'sense' to any of us, is the thing -- it was purely the business business. Fxpansion got bought out (by Roli) and a new board got to decide what was worth spending development money on, and what they didn't give a shi* about -- users be damned. It was 100% about the power-changeover and $, nothing else.

I'm still mad, frankly. I owned nearly *all* of the products that got discontinued. It was great stuff, too -- especially Tremor, which I still use to this day.

billcarroll wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:06 pm Bitwig's Bass-08 is really good, and I'm using it. <3

I want the Acidlab Miami
https://acidlab.de
Bitwig Bass-08 is pretty. Not groundbreaking though is it? I definitely have better 808 samples...

I do quite like the Bitwig Drum Machine though. I just wish it could load Battery or Kontakt kits.

nice to meet you audio spillage.

ad tattoo was one i miss, he should have advanced that one much further, but more modular things were calling him, and there were replacements at the time.

frankly i'm surprised the miami is still for sale, i remember when that was released, i was all hardware art the time. i had jomox.

Effectsworks wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:14 pm
Heartbeat is a bit of an unloved gem. While limited it's a brilliant drum machine and the SF are fantastic.
it doesnt get much love from softube thou^^. nothing new since i bought it.^^

Tremor is my favorite for the "deep dive" Microtonic is my mainstay. For sample players it's Battery 3. Jamstix midi to Battery is another route i take but i haven't finished installing everything i use on my new machine and Jamstix isn't on there yet. i also like to use Axon midi to Battery also.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

i'm using geist to midi punch. works well.

_leras wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:13 pm
billcarroll wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:06 pm Bitwig's Bass-08 is really good, and I'm using it. <3

I want the Acidlab Miami
https://acidlab.de
Bitwig Bass-08 is pretty. Not groundbreaking though is it? I definitely have better 808 samples...

I do quite like the Bitwig Drum Machine though. I just wish it could load Battery or Kontakt kits.
Tough to be groundbreaking with 808 samples, but put them in the context of Bitwig's modulators and maybe they are groundbreaking. :)

Still want an Acidlab Miami. Can't help it.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I really like the NI maschine drum synths

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:33 pm
Effectsworks wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:14 pm
it doesnt get much love from softube thou^^. nothing new since i bought it.^^
That's very true ... :( Seems like a bit of a 'fire and forget'. I still think it's pretty solid though.

Return to “Instruments”