Cherry Audio releases massive new Eight Voice synthesizer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(See above) Particularly this one:
Relative Adjustments Mode maintains the differences between individual voices in a Link Group when adjusting any knob or switch.
This functionality applied to VM’s Perform knobs would actually make them far more versatile than their present implementation.
On a number of Macs

to increase the randomize effect, go back in and hit it again, and again and again. :) but don't forget the UNDO ability

This was exactly what I was hoping for! Had so much fun last night with the randomize options - sounded absolutely wonderful!

Where is it? I had a quick look last night and I can't see it anywhere.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:25 am Where is it? I had a quick look last night and I can't see it anywhere.
The synth:
https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/eig ... e/download

the randomizing 'feature', which is in the 8-Voice synth (but not yet in the VM modules) is in the lower left corner "link-group" section.
Screenshot_2021-05-03 Link Groups 1 and 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Got it, ta.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Pretty happy with this synth. Another winner by Cherry Audio.

with the (finally) PC release of the OB-E version, I decided to compare it directly with my eight voice, to see what needs added to eight voice to make it match, and sound as good. Loaded up REAPER and my THX monitors, dug out my favorite EQ, Exciter, and freq grapher and started playing and listeneing.

OB-E sounded fine, but is dripping in LOOOONG smoothy reverb. Huh. never wanted to add that in to the mix, so I turned it off.
After some basic SAW detuning and playing, MY concolusion is, OB-E seems to have just a little more analog sloppiness programmed in (at least the patch I was messing with), and enough voice detune to give it extra OB flavor. and maybe the oscillators sound just s smidge 'different'. not different enough to be easily picked in a double blind test.
When I would spread the pan on the eight voice, and add more random detunes at 10 and 15% or more, I lost track of which was which and decided to not record my findings or go any further.
I didn't get a vibe that one was deeper or better or brighter than the other - all that seemed easily matchable doing some programming, they were just different, because of how they work and pretty easy to match up - sans the large reverb. :)
OB-E is fine, i like it, but the Eight Voice is also great and I feel an equal, not a wannabee. just different.

YMMV

I just picked this up in a $20 sale that include Cherry Mercury-4, DCO-106, Polymode and this Eight Voice. Mainly I wanted the Mercury-4, but this was a very nice surprise. I'm not a huge fan of cherry synths as I prefer alternatives, and I think some of the audio rate stuff in synths like their 2600 and ms-30 kind of falls apart, but I think this one stands up well to the competition. I may still prefer oberhausen as a single SEM but this one is pretty cool for the 8 voice experience.

Return to “Instruments”