Wotja 21 - AUv3 iOS release (for users of Noatikl, Mixtikl, SSEYO Koan...)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
KVRist
115 posts since 4 Jan, 2008

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:12 am

Hi all!

In a major - as in very major :smile: - update, Wotja 21.5.0 for iOS now includes a full AUv3 plug-in extension.

More information here:
https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21/guide/#plug-in

As you can see, pretty much the full Wotja UI is available in the AUv3, with just a couple of small differences.

For those who don't know, Wotja is an awesome 'generative music' creativity system - a powerful all-in-one creator, lab, mixer & player. We've been working on Wotja (and the various products that have led-up to it) for the past 30 plus years.

As you might already know by now, Wotja is a Universal app, so if you get it for iOS, you also get it for macOS. Both iOS and macOS versions contain their own AUv3 plug-in extension.

I hope our existing Wotja 21 customers are really happy to see this; and perhaps some others who've not yet taken the plunge with Wotja 21 might now be tempted.

We also hope that our past customers who used Noatikl, Mixtikl and SSEYO Koan would be interested to try this out; Wotja is the forwards iteration of all of those products.

Best wishes to all,

Pete

KVRian
1424 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 am

I know you cant make evryone happy and understand the focus on Mac/iOS but I have to say: in evry new update for version 21 I am looking for a relevant CONTENT update in case of generative composing (chords, chord progressions......) for all versions (I am on win 10) to find a reason to upgrade from version 20. So far: really no reason for that upgrade......

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 am

tatanka wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 am
I know you cant make evryone happy and understand the focus on Mac/iOS but I have to say: in evry new update for version 21 I am looking for a relevant CONTENT update in case of generative composing (chords, chord progressions......) for all versions (I am on win 10) to find a reason to upgrade from version 20. So far: really no reason for that upgrade......
Hi!

Many thanks for the feedback. I hear you! We have got some great plans in that area. I'm sure you'll keep an eye on developments, and as there is always a free version of Wotja to try out, I'm sure you'll "know" when it is right for you to upgrade.

With best wishes,

Pete

KVRian
1424 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:38 am

I will :-). Good to know.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:54 am

tatanka wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:38 am
I will :-). Good to know.
Many thanks! :wink:

In the meantime, I very much hope you continue to enjoy Wotja 20!

Best wishes, Pete

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:48 am

We're just preparing Wotja 21.5.1, which will add some nice stuff:

IMPROVED: The AUv3 now saves and restores state.
- the AUv3 saves the Mix or User album/playlist file name and latest data; when you restore the DAW project data, the mix / album / playlist (if any) is auto re-opened; but applying / using whatever data you last edited up to even if you hadn’t saved your document.
- if your original document is no longer available, the data is copied to clipboard (so you can import it) and an alert is shown telling you what to do.

FIXED AUv3 (AUM, Logic etc.) properly set Tempo on opening mix to match DAW

FIXED: macOS AUv3 window resizing now works nicely in Logic Pro

IMPROVED: Settings -> Templates - added preview of the templates in this screen

IMPROVED: Table scrollbar colour changes dynamically when colour scheme changes; no need to restart

IMPROVED: TTM seed template changes, and Wotja Play Me mix changes

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:43 am

We're pleased to report that Wotja 21.5.1 is now live!

Best wishes, Pete

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:45 am

Get ready for Wotja 21.7.0 :D

Pete

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”