11.5.7 unusable VST3s

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
since 11.5.7 version, I get many, many graphic issues with my VST3s.

Somes examples with my Cakewalk VST3s and all Arturia which have become unusable...

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waveform Pro 12.5.11, Windows 10

This was fixed in the JUCE Framework we used, unfortunately the fix came to late for the 11.5,9 that was just released. This fix will be in the next Waveform.

Ok, many thanks :tu:

Is there an ETA on when the fix for this will be available?

Yes, please, any ETA?

Can you try https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgl2b73mc43jv ... 2.exe?dl=0 and let me know if it's fixed

It seems to be fixed, many thanks! :tu:

Ok, GUI issues are fixed but many other new issues with VST3s:
- pitch wheel is not at 0 (low position instead) when inserting AAS plugins and others, and new position not saved with edit,
- no sound at all for Cakewalk Rapture Pro,
- no sound for Arturia plugins until we change the first preset, but still no sound when quit and relaunch Waveform.

And I think I've not seen everything...

Thanks in advance :tu:

Can you confirm if this build fixes it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaj8oz6awt32e ... 4.exe?dl=0

All VST3s issues are fixed with this last version, even old bugs with Amplesound VST3s (Pitchbend and Modwheel that didn't work)!

Many thanks for your quick response :tu:

I've downloaded this version and I've no more problems with VST3 plugins.
Unfortunately I'm actually experiencing problems with all the automations, it doesn't let me write an automation curve for any parameter in any vst plugin (x64, VST2, VST3).

xmasblue wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:32 pm I've downloaded this version and I've no more problems with VST3 plugins.
Unfortunately I'm actually experiencing problems with all the automations, it doesn't let me write an automation curve for any parameter in any vst plugin (x64, VST2, VST3).
I can't reproduce this. Anybody else seeing it?

No problem here...
How do you write automation usually?

"Add new automation track -> select the parameter I want to modulate and then write the modulation"
But now when I try to write the modulation it doesn't appear any flat curve to write the points on.
This happened to me with Khz Toolbox plugins, TAL software, NI Kontakt and Arturia Pigments, with Tracktion Daw Essentials it shows the curve but it doesn't let me modulate it or create modulation points.
Maybe it is a problem only in my version, can you help me solving that?

Personally, I drag the "+" (under the "A") on my vst and choose the parameter I want to automate.
So it creates a new automation track.
Sometimes, when the parameter is at the max value or the min value, you don't see the curve because it's red and the borders of the selected automation track is also red! You have to deselect your automation track to see the curve...
When you see the curve, can you create points on it?
Is automation write mode armed when you write with a controller?

Return to “Tracktion”