Clip audio is changed/replaced when trying to add normalise effect

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Subject says it all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I show this in the video. Here is the clip before I add the normalise effect:
before.JPG

Here is the clip after adding the normalise effect. It's a completely different audio clip:
after.JPG

And when I try to remove the normalise effect then Tracktion completely crashes. Please see the video for exactly what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RycEp ... vastaticon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Waveform 11.5.9 running on Windows 10 here. I tried it and had no problems. The normalized clip is the same section of audio as before, just normalized. Removing the effect does not result in a crash.

Please post your OS, Waveform version, etc.

Is the clip in question a shortened section of a longer clip? Is the normalized version from the same clip or it is something random? Do you recognize the audio or is it nothing you've ever heard before?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

What's the audio it's replacing it with? Another part of the song?

pough wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:06 am Waveform 11.5.9 running on Windows 10 here. I tried it and had no problems. The normalized clip is the same section of audio as before, just normalized. Removing the effect does not result in a crash.

Please post your OS, Waveform version, etc.

Is the clip in question a shortened section of a longer clip? Is the normalized version from the same clip or it is something random? Do you recognize the audio or is it nothing you've ever heard before?
I'm also running 11.5.9 on Windows 10.

The changed clip is a different clip from the same song on a different track. I've also made sure that I'm not mistakenly selecting multiple clips when I normalize. Strange.

Kang wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:23 am What's the audio it's replacing it with? Another part of the song?
The changed clip is a different clip from the same song on a different track

Are you using an AMD Processor PC/Laptop?
Waveform tend to be buggier and more problematic with AMD Processor instructions.

I have almost the exact same issue as OP. In my situation, when I normalise an audio clip, the sound changes to another one. For example, what should be a oberheim type synth sound, is instead an FM bell sound. If I remove "normalise" from the audio clip, it will sound as it should (no crashes). The audio clips I hear are from the same song I'm working on in WF Pro.

Here are my specs:

Waveform Pro 11.5.18
Solus OS 4.3
Linux Kernel 5.4.17-198
Macbook Pro
Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4000
16GB of RAM

Return to “Tracktion”