Making music artwork. Alternatives to Adobe?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am OK so now my needs have changed, i want to be editing AI pictures
Change the prompt until it's OK?
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am and adding text for record covers
Any image editor will do... GIMP?
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am and also making short promotional reels for instagram.
Insta' is not my platform, but you'd do that right there (I imagine) : just feed it a couple of images and that's your reel?
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am Would Adobe be my best choice now?
Adobe has more than one product. You mean PhotoShop?
Never (imho)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:09 am
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am OK so now my needs have changed, i want to be editing AI pictures
Change the prompt until it's OK?
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am and adding text for record covers
Any image editor will do... GIMP?
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am and also making short promotional reels for instagram.
Insta' is not my platform, but you'd do that right there (I imagine) : just feed it a couple of images and that's your reel?
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am Would Adobe be my best choice now?
Adobe has more than one product. You mean PhotoShop?
Never (imho)
Thanks Bert. I've been trying different prompts but generally most of the AI pictures has something i would like to remove from the picture. I'm actually covered for just adding text because i already have Affinity 1.
A "reel" on instagram is a video upto one minute with audio. There's all sorts of interesting things which could be done i assume with a video editing software.
Yes i believe Photoshop is the best for removing unwanted things from a picture, also Adobe has video editing software but it's still an expensive subscription.

zion rebels wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:53 amstopped payin adobe subscription and went to affinity and davinci.... best choice ever.
I got Affinity as possible replacements for Adobe CC but realised pretty quickly that I had wasted my money. They have all the features but the workflow/GUI is even worse than Adobe's, which I'd have thought was almost impossible.

If you want to do AI stuff, have you had a look at Paint in Windows 11? It has Co-Creator for making AI generated images and it now supports layers.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:02 pm
If you want to do AI stuff, have you had a look at Paint in Windows 11? It has Co-Creator for making AI generated images and it now supports layers.
Cheers for that!

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:02 pm
zion rebels wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:53 amstopped payin adobe subscription and went to affinity and davinci.... best choice ever.
I got Affinity as possible replacements for Adobe CC but realised pretty quickly that I had wasted my money. They have all the features but the workflow/GUI is even worse than Adobe's, which I'd have thought was almost impossible.

err i found the opposite....

infinity workflow much more fluid. Not things from 2 decades bloated together.
the only hard part was to detach from adobe.. much more a emotional feeling.

no AI interest.

I've always f**king hated Adobe. Their workflow is appalling - you have to know all the hotkey combos to be in any way productive and those hotkeys are completely different in different applications within the bundle. It's the worst. But Affinity doesn't improve upon it at all. It's just different, not better. At the end of the day, nothing else comes close to Xara.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

MS Paint has never let me down

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”