E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

e-phonic wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:24 pm It's available as VST3 plugin for Windows only at this point. Mac version is done as well, but I need to renew my Apple account :-)
You would not need an Apple account to release the Mac version. Only if you want to sell it on the app store.
e-phonic wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:24 pm You're right about the license. I cannot release VST2 anymore.
But if you could released VST2 in the past you should still have the valid license to do it now...

Yes you can still release VST2 if you already have VST2 SDK afaik
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

@Tj Shredder

I still need a developers account to sign and notarize the plugin. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to run it on your mac. App store or not, it doesn't matter.

About the VST2 license. Steinberg set a deadline for signing an agreement. I wasn't developing at the time so I missed it. So, no more VST2 for me :-)

It's very nice to see you developing again! I already got Drumatic4 a while back and I'm enjoying the new Invader. Is it no longer meant to be a synth for making FX? Not that I'm complaining. I really like how it sounds now, especially the arps and seqs.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Haha, I really thought no one would remember the old 'Invader'. I still liked the name so re-used it. I scared myself by looking at the release date of the original one. If I'm correct it was 2003 :o

e-phonic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:18 pm Haha, I really thought no one would remember the old 'Invader'. I still liked the name so re-used it. I scared myself by looking at the release date of the original one. If I'm correct it was 2003 :o
I remember it very well, as well as the great vintage delay plugin. Those were lovely (as well asa Drumatic, but this one got an update not so long ago) ;)
(And I also remember the first time you posted a screenshot teaser of the filter model which ended up into Invader 2 ;) I'm glad it's alive now!)

I think 4x oversampling would not hurt Drumatic, either :wink:

I love the sound and the clear one-page UI, so I bought the beta :-).

Out of curiosity, I was looking for a way to get this to work in Maschine (which doesn't support VST3 yet :roll: ) and found Kushview's wrapper Element (https://kushview.net/free-vst-host/), which works well, if anyone is interested.

There's also Polac's Vst3 wrapper, however, Invader does not work with it (the UI doesn't open and the automation controls aren't exposed to Maschine. Other Vst3 plugins work fine).

I just thought I'd report this, I admit it's quite an edge case so I won't be mad if you don't pursue it ;-)

Nice sound in this one, thanks E-Phonic. Bought it for my self-selected intro price :)

Anyway, just a small suggestion: I think it's better if you don't share the Drive/HP parameter with the same control parameter. It's confusing when using the drive on one filter, then switching to the other and the sound is completely gone when turned up.

Also I'd add my request for resizable interface, these days this looks even small on 1080p screens :)

And I think currently it doesn't pass keypresses like spacebar to the DAW (Ableton Live 11)

Btw: I hope you will revisit Drumatic 4 some day and improve its effect section any make the interface resizable.

Thanks for your continued work!

e-phonic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:06 pm @Tj Shredder

I still need a developers account to sign and notarize the plugin. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to run it on your mac. App store or not, it doesn't matter.
I don’t mind if its not notarized. I wouldn’t recommend anybody to go beyond Mojave anyway, unless you head to the new M1 machines...

Had to grab this, great sounding little synth with a nice one-page GUI. The delay effect is very flexible too :tu:
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

I'm so glad Invader is coming back, a plugin is only as good as it's pre-sets.
I loved the Glass blacks and Arcade pre-set sounds back in the day.
I still use Drumatic 4 such tiny light power house of drum machine synth, it has it's own sound.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

UPDATE v1.0.2 beta:
  • Adds UI scaling (70% - 200%)
  • Filter 1 HP and Filter 2 Drive no longer share the same parameter. Presets are updated accordingly.
  • Filter 1: changed the range of the HP filter
  • Preset browser now closes when pressing the preset bar again.
  • Fix: Scroll position of preset browser jumping back when switching between wheel scrolling and using the scrollbar.
  • iPlug2 framework updated to latest version
Download:
https://www.e-phonic.com/invader.html

Excellent!
Thank you, E-Phonic!

Really like the sound of this and bought it. Thought I would not need another synth but loved this from first touch.

Return to “Instruments”