Best internal Soundcard for composing Pop/Eurodance/Lovesongs/Vocals & Classical Guitar recording/Gaming&Music listening

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
KVRist
57 posts since 16 Nov, 2017 from Germany

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:54 am

Looking for a decent internal soundcard (PCIexpress) for about 100-200 Euros without paying attention to lots of outputs, inputs (I only need the most essential stuff+ASIO & Midi support), In particular it just should be made for the benefit of..

- composing Pop/Eurodance/Lovesongs
- recording Vocals & Real Classical Guitar
- listening Music
- Retro Gaming (like ZSNES etc.)

So what are really the best choices for that purpose??

So far I've figured 5 good choices, but not quite sure which one is the best for that purpose, or if there are other decent ones like..

- Creative Sound Blaster X AE-5 Pro Gaming PURE-Edition
- Asus Essence STX 2
- ESI Maya 44 EX
- Creative Sound Blaster Z SE
- ESI Juli XTe**

**Apparently this awesome soundcard isnt available anymore as it seems, although it should be better than the newer ESI Maya 44 EX which still is available. Anyone has an explanation why ESI takes away his best card from the market? :roll: Just curious

Pls no recommandations about External Soundcards or those ones, that are more expensive than 200 Euros (My OS: Win7 SP1 64bit)
Without ROLAND's awesome Synths, the greatest music decades in the 80s and 90s wouldn't exist the way they do now. :phones: And yes, I'm a big fan of Roland!

KVRAF
2194 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 am

Would recommend getting second hand RME HDSP 9632 (with breakout cable), it should cost less than 200 bucks (120-180 is reasonable price).

Sorry, you need PCI Express...

KVRist

Topic Starter

57 posts since 16 Nov, 2017 from Germany

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:22 am

:P Thats what I wrote "Looking for a decent internal soundcard (PCIexpress) for about 100-200 Euros"
So any decent suggestions?
Without ROLAND's awesome Synths, the greatest music decades in the 80s and 90s wouldn't exist the way they do now. :phones: And yes, I'm a big fan of Roland!

KVRian
632 posts since 9 Aug, 2018

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 pm

... Okay, I’ll bite. Why do you specifically want an internal audio interface?

KVRAF
12692 posts since 8 Mar, 2005 from Utrecht, Holland

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:50 pm

Gabriel_West wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:54 am
- recording Vocals & Real Classical Guitar
You need one with a XLR mic input. Unless you already have a mixer. These plugs are too big for the PCI(e) slot. So either it will be a card with a breakout box, or (God forbid) a breakout cable (spaghetti behind your pc) or the simple fix: get an USB model.

Last time I looked the Steinberg entry model (UR22 or something) got good reviews. Fits your requirements, except it's usb instead of pcie.

The people switched to laptops, so a pcie card sells a fraction of the same usb product.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

KVRAF
5705 posts since 9 Jul, 2002 from Helsinki

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:51 pm

I bought my Juli@ 2nd hand for 50 euros. It's a great card with superb converters, ridiculous value for money :D

EDIT: I use it with an external mixer to handle all the various I/O and preamps- I plug in a condenser mic, electric guitar and a few analog synths to it, and keep delay and reverb pedals in the FX loop.

KVRist
359 posts since 10 Jan, 2008

Post Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:01 am

If you don't mind fiddling with your OS and setup procedures I can offer an E-MU 1212M PCIe card. They still have a fan base, so there are several threads here on KVR how to get em going. PM if interested. Free shipping within Germany.

KVRAF
5512 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:25 am

As you are at offering decade old hardware, I could also offer an original Sonic Solution... But I wouldn’t recommend it, I wouldn’t recommend an internal card either, it doesn’t make sense, as it will be obsolet too fast (like the EMU 1212). An external MotU interface from 15 years ago would still run for example... And its most likely also cheaper...

KVRAF
2194 posts since 5 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:29 am

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”