[Feature Request] Double click knob = Set to default value

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I think I never posted here but I am a long time Sylenth1 user and still to this date it is my go-to synth for most virtual analog type sounds.

But there is 1 thing that is really bugging me: Sylenth1 has no consistent way to reset a knob to its default value. Only for a few parameters double click works (like for mod amount) but for most parameters it doesn't.

So any chance that in a future update double click = default value will work for every knob?

Hi,

For which knobs in particular would you be interested to use this?
For several knobs the center value has no special meaning, for example the Cutoff knobs. You could achieve the same cutoff frequency at any other position of the knob.

Also, you can easily set ANY parameter to its center value by holding down the Alt (or Cmd on Mac) key while clicking the knob.

First of all, thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)
Lennard wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 am Also, you can easily set ANY parameter to its center value by holding down the Alt (or Cmd on Mac) key while clicking the knob.
Actually didn't know about this and it is very useful, thanks for pointing it out!
Lennard wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 am Hi,

For which knobs in particular would you be interested to use this?
For several knobs the center value has no special meaning, for example the Cutoff knobs. You could achieve the same cutoff frequency at any other position of the knob.
I am generally thinking of the situation where I start tweaking a sound that I like, go too far and then have trouble going back to where I started. Sometimes I don't remember exactly whether a knob defaulted to full left, center, right or some other value. And I start tweaking a part of Sylenth1, let's say chorus, and come to the conclusion that actually just switching it on sounded best. Now given that most values there default to center, with your above mentioned trick it is easy to reset (supposing I remember they defaulted to center). But the chorus delay for example is at 8,8 ms. If I don't know that exactly it can be hard to go back there.

I believe the best would be if this was possible on a preset level. So whenever loading a preset, the current values are considered default and when messing up in one section of the synth while having made improvements in another section, I can just double click all knobs of the messed up section without having to reload the preset and lose all tweaks. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for explaining and apologies for not reading your initial post correctly. The double-click on some knobs does not reset the knob to the preset's default value, but to a meaningful initial value (in many cases the center value). So it's not related to the preset setting at all (same goes for the Alt/Cmd click, which will always make it jump to the center value).

We could maybe add a right-click menu option Reset that would reset the knob to the preset's default value (same as MENU -> Preset -> Reset), though I'm not sure how useful that would be.

undo?

Lennard wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:26 pmWe could maybe add a right-click menu option Reset that would reset the knob to the preset's default value (same as MENU -> Preset -> Reset), though I'm not sure how useful that would be.
That would be very useful actually (at least for me)! I hope you will agree.

Also right click menu seems the most fitting place to put it, given that the double click is already in use for useful value on some knobs.

Return to “LennarDigital”