Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 3.4: 10th Anniversary Update and Promotion

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
KVRAF
4620 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Tue May 04, 2021 1:19 am

Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 3.4 is here! :party:

New Features & Improvements:
- Up to 7 times more processing power with the new multicore engine that processes each frequency band on a different core.
- New DSP workload meter that displays the DSP activity and CPU load.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Reduced time to load the MB-7 Mixer or any built-in plug-in.
- Multiple DSP performance improvements.
- Level meters and frequency analyzers are not computed anymore when the user interface is closed, reducing CPU usage.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Improved global and preset settings window loading time on Windows.
- Added ability to select the plug-in to load when a shell plug-in file is dragged and dropped onto a slot.
- Full unicode support.
- Preset files can now be dropped onto the preset LCD area to be loaded.
- Improved "Tone Maps" user interface (available for 9 built-in effects).
- Native Apple M1 support available as a preview.

Fixes:
- Fixed host loop end value not properly passed to hosted plug-ins, for the VST2 version.
- Fixed several crashes upon load for multiple third party plug-ins (mostly VST3).
- Fixed MIDI control for hosted plug-ins not always working when fed with silence.
- Fixed VST3 (and sometimes VST) version freezing Ableton Live upon save on Windows.
- Fixed harmonizer and Pitch Shifter built-in plug-ins that did not always flush their buffer upon bypass (short sounds could be heard when getting out of bypass)

Enjoy!

Pricing:
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 99 EUR or $99 (instead of 129) until June 4th 2021

KVRist
106 posts since 11 May, 2014

Post Tue May 04, 2021 6:36 am

FYI
The preview installer for MB-7 for Apple Silicon works without Rosetta 2, awesome.
Thank you. :tu:

Now if you can just make other products that I own the same way, that would be even more awesome. :hail:

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue May 04, 2021 7:44 am

ValliSoftware wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:36 am
Now if you can just make other products that I own the same way, that would be even more awesome. :hail:
Yes many of them will be updated soon. There is quite a long list of updates in the plans!

KVRist
48 posts since 10 Mar, 2020

Post Tue May 04, 2021 8:49 am

Fantastic, congratulations! Waiting for the email, then I'll get it. Any news on a linear phase mode?

KVRer
6 posts since 27 May, 2016

Post Tue May 04, 2021 10:08 am

Hey, amazing plug, just love it!
If i could get a wet/dry control per band, it would probably be the best plug ever.

Lasse

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue May 04, 2021 10:11 am

Kumal wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:49 am
Any news on a linear phase mode?
It's not here yet!

KVRAF
6606 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Tue May 04, 2021 10:30 am

Thank you : it's an excellent plugin!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri May 07, 2021 7:53 am

Since it's been 10 years (!) since the first release of the plug-in, here is new post on the blog: a look back at 10 Years Of Multiband Processing and 27 releases!

Enjoy!

KVRer
1 posts since 5 Feb, 2005

Post Thu May 13, 2021 8:17 am

Love this plugin! The new update is nice a speedy, however, there seems to be a bug introduced with this version. When using in Waveform 11 Free, the header disappears whenever the layout of the plugin changes (switching of presets or number of bands). This is driving me a bit mad since the only way to exit the plugin now is by deleting it. Please help!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”